This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Are you struggling to grow your Google+ following? If so, you’re not alone!
One quick and easy way to start growing your following on Google+ is by adding a Google badge to your sidebar. Creating a community on Google+ is important if you are looking to grow your blog and gain search engine traffic.
Installing a Google Badge
Adding a Google badge to your blog is extremely easy and can be done on WordPress or Blogger. The first step in creating your Google badge is heading on over to the Google Developers page which you can find here: https://developers.google.com/+/web/badge/. This page will allow you to quickly create a small Google+ social media icon or a badge for your site.
Before creating your Google badge you might want to take some time to figure out the width of your sidebar. Knowing the width of your sidebar before you start creating your badge will save you from going back and forth with different badge sizes. If you don’t know the width of your sidebar or can’t seem to figure it out don’t worry, you can play with the width in the web developer tools.
There are several different settings you can play around with to ensure you get the look you’re after. You will have the option of creating a Google badge for your personal account or a fan page if you have set that up for your site. Once you have created the look you like, you will simply copy the code that Google gives you into a text or html widget on the backend of your blog.
Watch this video tutorial on how to install your Google Plus badge. This video tutorial will show you step by step how to create a badge for your WordPress or Blogger site.
LOOKING FOR MORE POSTS SIMILAR TO THIS ONE?
Looking for more posts similar to our video tutorial on installing a badge for Google Plus? Then be sure to click through the below links and head over to our SEO Made Easy board on Pinterest!
- Use Analytics Now: Understanding Real Time Google Analytics Numbers - Jun 19, 2015
- How to Find Keywords in Google Analytics - Mar 12, 2015
- Tax Deductions All Bloggers Should Know About - Feb 3, 2015
- GoodNites* TRU FIT* Twitter Party - Sep 22, 2014
- #LOOKSTHATROCK Twitter Party - Aug 21, 2014
- Financial Independence TWITTER PARTY From Capital One 360 - Jul 2, 2014
- #VRMonth Twitter Party from Wyndham Vacation Rentals - Jun 16, 2014
- How to Regram Images on Instagram - Jun 5, 2014
- #AllergyFace Twitter Party - Jun 2, 2014
- What Makes You Smile When You Look In the Mirror? #DoveMirror Twitter Party - May 15, 2014
- #WorldsToughestJob Twitter Party with Cardstore - Apr 30, 2014
- BIG Reveal Coming: #TicTacMystery Twitter Party - Apr 28, 2014
- April 26: Share Your Favorite Post at Saturday Sharefest - Apr 25, 2014
- 10 Steps to Becoming a Credible & Respected Top Blogger - Apr 24, 2014
- April 19: Share Your Favorite Post at Saturday Sharefest - Apr 18, 2014