This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you.
With Halloween, Thanksgiving, the various December holidays, New Year’s and Valentine’s Day happening in rapid-fire succession, it can leave bloggers with a dilemma: to do some holiday writing for your blog, or not?
To post or not to post on a holiday?
The Upside To Holiday Posts
I’ve always looked at holiday posts as sort of a virtual greeting card for readers. I recall visiting many blogs last year on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day (during some downtime) and getting a warm and fuzzy feeling inside seeing all of the lovely sentiments bloggers were sharing with their readers.
I liked seeing photos of Christmas trees, or kids opening presents, or mouthwatering turkey dinners.
I liked being able to reach out to the people in blogging that matter to me and wish them a wonderful day.
And then when I skimmed Twitter, the same thing was happening. It felt like I was part of a huge cyber-holiday party.
The Downside To Holiday Posts
However, the few times I’ve posted on holidays myself, I’ve come away with mixed feelings about doing it:
- Do my readers really want to see a post from me on the holiday, at which point they might feel obligated to come by and comment and leave some well wishes?
- Will I be sad if I wish everyone a happy holiday and…<gasp> no one actually reads the post?
- Am I just creating more stress for myself by having to write a holiday post – no matter how short it is?
So we want to hear from you: Will you do a Thanksgiving post tomorrow? What about a holiday post for Christmas or Hanukkah? Do you think they are a nice gesture and/or just not worthwhile given how busy everyone is on a holiday?
- 3 Ways To Document Your Family Vacation With Photographs - May 6, 2019
- How a Professional Photographer Stores Photos Online - Sep 26, 2018
- 5 Kids Photos Every Mom Should Take - Sep 13, 2018
- 3 Easy Photography Projects to Try this Summer - Jun 11, 2018
- How to Create Cover Photos for Instagram Story Highlights - Mar 14, 2018
- How To Share Photos From Lightroom To Instagram - Jan 24, 2018
- 3 Tips for Photographing Your Everyday Life - Sep 4, 2017
- What to Do When You Don’t Have Access to Natural Light - Jul 24, 2017
- How to Take a Perfect Flat Lay Photograph - May 24, 2017
- How To Take Great Instagram Photos - Feb 24, 2017
- 3 Tips For Completing A Project 365 - Jan 9, 2017
- How To Start A 365 Photography Project - Jan 4, 2017
- 3 Blog Photography Backgrounds Under $10 - Aug 31, 2016
- Tips For Photographing Your Own Kids - Aug 3, 2016
- How To Plan For Your Wedding Photos - Jul 8, 2016