This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
With Halloween, Thanksgiving, the various December holidays, New Year’s and Valentine’s Day happening in rapid-fire succession, it can leave bloggers with a dilemma: to do some holiday writing for your blog, or not?
To post or not to post on a holiday?
The Upside To Holiday Posts
I’ve always looked at holiday posts as sort of a virtual greeting card for readers. I recall visiting many blogs last year on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day (during some downtime) and getting a warm and fuzzy feeling inside seeing all of the lovely sentiments bloggers were sharing with their readers.
I liked seeing photos of Christmas trees, or kids opening presents, or mouthwatering turkey dinners.
I liked being able to reach out to the people in blogging that matter to me and wish them a wonderful day.
And then when I skimmed Twitter, the same thing was happening. It felt like I was part of a huge cyber-holiday party.
The Downside To Holiday Posts
However, the few times I’ve posted on holidays myself, I’ve come away with mixed feelings about doing it:
- Do my readers really want to see a post from me on the holiday, at which point they might feel obligated to come by and comment and leave some well wishes?
- Will I be sad if I wish everyone a happy holiday and…<gasp> no one actually reads the post?
- Am I just creating more stress for myself by having to write a holiday post – no matter how short it is?
So we want to hear from you: Will you do a Thanksgiving post tomorrow? What about a holiday post for Christmas or Hanukkah? Do you think they are a nice gesture and/or just not worthwhile given how busy everyone is on a holiday?
- 3 Ways To Document Your Family Vacation With Photographs - May 6, 2019
- How a Professional Photographer Stores Photos Online - Sep 26, 2018
- 5 Kids Photos Every Mom Should Take - Sep 13, 2018
- 3 Easy Photography Projects to Try this Summer - Jun 11, 2018
- How to Create Cover Photos for Instagram Story Highlights - Mar 14, 2018
- How To Share Photos From Lightroom To Instagram - Jan 24, 2018
- 3 Tips for Photographing Your Everyday Life - Sep 4, 2017
- What to Do When You Don’t Have Access to Natural Light - Jul 24, 2017
- How to Take a Perfect Flat Lay Photograph - May 24, 2017
- How To Take Great Instagram Photos - Feb 24, 2017
- 3 Tips For Completing A Project 365 - Jan 9, 2017
- How To Start A 365 Photography Project - Jan 4, 2017
- 3 Blog Photography Backgrounds Under $10 - Aug 31, 2016
- Tips For Photographing Your Own Kids - Aug 3, 2016
- How To Plan For Your Wedding Photos - Jul 8, 2016