Do you make it easy for your readers to connect, like, follow you and basically find you anywhere on the internet? If not, you should- and we’re going to show you how. We’ll even learn a quick bit of html to execute. Don’t panic though- this is an easy process so don’t be intimidated by the terminology!
How To Add Social Media Icons To Your Blog
Since social networking is crucial to blogging success, having prominent social media icons on your blog is an easy way to make yourself accessible. In addition, many bloggers like to share buttons or smaller logos of other sites. Here are three easy steps to add custom icons or buttons to your site.
1. Find or create the icons for your blog.
You can do a google search for social icons, which will return sites like The Best Social Media Icons All in One Place or 44 Must Have Free Social Media Icon Packs. If you are the more creative type, you can create your own in Photoshop (ideal size varies based on a site, but 60px x 60px is a good size to start). For tutorials on creating your own icons, check out this list of 20 social media icon tutorials to help you along.
2. Upload your images.
Icons can be uploaded directly to your blog or you can use a photo site like flickr or photobucket. Whichever you use, you will need the link to the image.
3. Add in your html code.
Do not be intimidated by the words “html code”. This is much easier than it sounds! Once you have your images uploaded, you need to add the following into your html widget area in Blogger or in a text widget in WordPress:
<a href=”http://www.linkgoeshere.com” target=”_blank”><img src=”http://www.imageurlhere.com”></a>
That’s it! You can insert any image using this method and link the images to the appropriate link. So if you are adding in a Twitter icon, you would use the following snippet:
<a href=”http://twitter.com/TwitterName”><img src=”http://www.imageurl.com”></a>
This will have the Twitter icon link to your Twitter profile. Click the Twitter icon in the the SITS Sidebar to see this in action- and make sure to follow us if you aren’t already!
Ready to find out more about your blog and social media? Check out What’s In Your Social Media Toolbox?
- Why Bloggers Need Instagram (And How to Get to Your First 1,000 Followers) - Oct 28, 2013
- Best Apps To Make Your Life Easier - Jul 31, 2013
- 8 WordPress Plugins Your Blog Can’t Live Without - Jul 25, 2013
- Cleaning up the mess - May 30, 2013
- Finding Baby Bedtime Bliss - May 16, 2013
- 5 Ways You’re Failing Facebook - Apr 3, 2013
- Easy & Free Photos To Download For Your Blog - Mar 27, 2013
- 3 Secrets to How to Get Facebook Fans and Increase Engagement - Mar 20, 2013
- Calculate Your Website Grade With This FREE Tool - Feb 11, 2013
- How to Share a Link on Facebook & Get Clicks Back To Your Blog - Jan 28, 2013
- Does Google Read Your Blog? - Jan 14, 2013
- Common New Year Resolutions for Bloggers - Jan 7, 2013
- Your Doctor’s Wife - Oct 5, 2012
- SuperMom: Losing It (One Pound Cake At A Time) - Oct 4, 2012
- The Epic Adventures of a Modern Mom - Oct 3, 2012