This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Do you make it easy for your readers to connect, like, follow you and basically find you anywhere on the internet? If not, you should- and we’re going to show you how. We’ll even learn a quick bit of html to execute. Don’t panic though- this is an easy process so don’t be intimidated by the terminology!
How To Add Social Media Icons To Your Blog
Since social networking is crucial to blogging success, having prominent social media icons on your blog is an easy way to make yourself accessible. In addition, many bloggers like to share buttons or smaller logos of other sites. Here are three easy steps to add custom icons or buttons to your site.
1. Find or create the icons for your blog.
You can do a google search for social icons, which will return sites like The Best Social Media Icons All in One Place or 44 Must Have Free Social Media Icon Packs. If you are the more creative type, you can create your own in Photoshop (ideal size varies based on a site, but 60px x 60px is a good size to start). For tutorials on creating your own icons, check out this list of 20 social media icon tutorials to help you along.
2. Upload your images.
Icons can be uploaded directly to your blog or you can use a photo site like flickr or photobucket. Whichever you use, you will need the link to the image.
3. Add in your html code.
Do not be intimidated by the words “html code”. This is much easier than it sounds! Once you have your images uploaded, you need to add the following into your html widget area in Blogger or in a text widget in WordPress:
<a href=”http://www.linkgoeshere.com” target=”_blank”><img src=”http://www.imageurlhere.com”></a>
That’s it! You can insert any image using this method and link the images to the appropriate link. So if you are adding in a Twitter icon, you would use the following snippet:
<a href=”http://twitter.com/TwitterName”><img src=”http://www.imageurl.com”></a>
This will have the Twitter icon link to your Twitter profile. Click the Twitter icon in the the SITS Sidebar to see this in action- and make sure to follow us if you aren’t already!
Ready to find out more about your blog and social media? Check out What’s In Your Social Media Toolbox?
- Finding Your Friends on Instagram - May 3, 2022
- Magic Mosaic Easter Egg Coloring - Mar 5, 2022
- 11 Recipes For National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day - Feb 24, 2022
- Our Favorite Things – 2021 Edition (Holiday Gift Guide and Giveaways!) - Nov 15, 2021
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe - Sep 2, 2021
- Essential Camera Gear For Beginning Photographers - Aug 31, 2021
- Low Light Photography Tips for the Holidays - Nov 11, 2020
- DIY 30-Minute Thanksgiving Tree - Nov 8, 2020
- The Spanish Princess Part 2 Is Coming - Oct 8, 2020
- Fabric Pumpkins – DIY in 15 Minutes - Sep 9, 2020
- Jack-O-Lantern Marshmallow Pops - Sep 7, 2020
- DIY Mini Herb Garden - Aug 30, 2020
- Step by Step Plan to Drive Traffic to A New Blog - Aug 30, 2020
- Six Tips to Reduce Stress In Your Life - Aug 30, 2020
- How To Take A Food Photo From Good To Great - Aug 30, 2020