This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Happy 2019! We know how hard it can be to come with blog posts topics and we want to give you a helping hand! We’ve created 31 January writing prompts for the month of January. Our goal is to help you keep your editorial calendar stocked with plenty of writing ideas for the whole month!
31 Days of January Writing Prompts
Feel free to pick and choose which prompts work well for your site.
- What are your 2019 goals? Blogging, relationships, financial, fitness or any other goals you have.
- What’s on your reading list for 2019?
- How do you organize your blogging space?
- What is the one thing you wish you knew how to do?
- How do you get your kids to try new foods?
- Where would you go on your perfect dream vacation?
- Write a post inspired by this word: Hope
- What is the most memorable gift you have received?
- Inspire your readers with an encouraging post.
- Use the I Am From template to tell us more about yourself.
- What makes you feel beautiful?
- What is your biggest guilty pleasure?
- Tell us about one moment you regret.
- Interview your favorite fictional character.
- What is the one kitchen utensil you could not cook without?
- What job did you dream about having when you were a kid?
- Free writing: Set a timer for 5 minutes and write about anything that comes to mind.
- Your top 5 social media tips
- Share your best healthy dinner recipe.
- What is your earliest memory?
- Tell us about your writing routine.
- What was the best job you ever had?
- Favorite winter activity?
- How do you protect your privacy online?
- Re-write your favorite fairy tale.
- What is the hardest thing you had to wait for?
- Top ten foods you could eat for the rest of your life.
- What songs are on your playlist?
- Finish this story: A girl, sitting alone on a rock at the edge of the woods, jumps when she hears…
- 5 style trends you would like to see stick around (or come back) this year.
- Looking back at the first month of 2019, how are you doing with the goals you set for yourself?
LOOKING FOR MORE POSTS SIMILAR TO THIS ONE?
Looking for more posts similar to our January Writing Prompts? Be sure to click through the below links!
- 5 Ways To Avoid Blogging Burnout
- How to Write a Blog Post in 15 Minutes or Less
- 10 Blogging Pitfalls You Should Avoid
- Essential Camera Gear For Beginning Photographers - Aug 12, 2022
- Finding Your Friends on Instagram - May 3, 2022
- Magic Mosaic Easter Egg Coloring - Mar 5, 2022
- 11 Recipes For National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day - Feb 24, 2022
- Our Favorite Things – 2021 Edition (Holiday Gift Guide and Giveaways!) - Nov 15, 2021
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe - Sep 2, 2021
- Low Light Photography Tips for the Holidays - Nov 11, 2020
- DIY 30-Minute Thanksgiving Tree - Nov 8, 2020
- The Spanish Princess Part 2 Is Coming - Oct 8, 2020
- Fabric Pumpkins – DIY in 15 Minutes - Sep 9, 2020
- Jack-O-Lantern Marshmallow Pops - Sep 7, 2020
- DIY Mini Herb Garden - Aug 30, 2020
- Step by Step Plan to Drive Traffic to A New Blog - Aug 30, 2020
- Six Tips to Reduce Stress In Your Life - Aug 30, 2020
- How To Take A Food Photo From Good To Great - Aug 30, 2020
Thank you for this! I definitely needed the ideas to get my blog rolling….and I just did a post about my goals for 2014. I will be saving this list so that I can refer back to it when I’m drawing a blank for post ideas!
Thanks for all the ideas, have saved them and they are really useful! 🙂
Thank you for this list. Definitely helpful!!
Love these prompts!
These are awesome! I just started dipping my toes into the world of blogging and this will be so helpful to get me started! Thank you!
Thanks for this great ideas. It help me a lot.
Liz @ Life Made Sweet says
Thank you thank you thank you! these are fabulous and perfect for those moments when my brain is completely empty! 😉
Shared these. I’m going to try to do as many prompts as possible. We shall see…
Delia @ Blog Formatting says
Awesome ideas, Kristi, thanks for sharing!
Shaunna @ Tempting Thyme says
Thanks for the ideas……we are always in need of idea’s and little ‘nudges’. Shaunna
This is a great list! I’ve got tons of ideas for January but I’m going to pin these for later. There are always dry spells.
Thank you! Hoping my blog will be more successful this year! 🙂
Thank-you from a blogger wannabee!
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you for posting this. I am very eager to spend more time building my blog in 2014 and this is definitely going to help me. You are the best.
Crystal Green says
A great list of topics to write about. I totally will be using some of these throughout January. Thank you for sharing them with us.
Thank you for these! Sometimes when I don’t have a topic in mind I don’t blog. Very unproductive and it hurts my stats! Pinning!
Pinned! Totally going to refer back to this thank you! This really is a great list. 🙂
Erica Murray says
Thanks so much for sharing these great idea!!!
Very nice list of topic ideas! The one on what was the worst job you ever had got me to remember my terrible (now hilarious) stint working for a wig company, hooking synthetic hair onto wigs…I was so clumsy at it that I quit. Now I love to hook yarn onto the heads of dolls I design and it’s fun. What a difference time, practice (and perseverance) make! Wish you all the very best in the New Year!
Found this via Pinterest! What a great post. It definitely can be difficult to find material from time to time. Thanks 🙂
Love these prompts and will definitely use them!
Great tips. Writer’s block sucks.
Tenns @ New Mama Diaries says
Awesome list of prompts! I have a ton of drafts, but if I run out of ideas, I know where to come. 🙂
Rose Siders says
Awesome! I am always in need of ideas, and I can put a spin on these to make them work well for my niche. Thanks a bunch and Happy New Year!
Tameka Downing says
Bookmarking and pinning. Great ideas, I needed a way to kick start my blog again. Thank you!
Amanda H @EatHardWorkHard says
So useful! One of my 2014 goals is to grow my blog so this is perfect 🙂
This is great!
Great ideas! Some were already on my list…can’t wait to get started.
These are great. I have been struggling with ideas for January but now I am feeling inspired.
GiGi Eats Celebrities says
Phenomenal ideas 🙂 Seriously – whenever someone is just in a blogging idea mind RUT – they need to turn to this post!!
Sandra @ The Adored Home says
I have never looked at writing prompts and I am thinking, “Why not!!!” love these! thanks for the inspiration and Happy New Year!
The Adored Home
These are great prompts! Most of the ones I come across don’t work for me or aren’t relevant to my blog or ideas. Definitely going to keep these in mind!
Thanks! I am totally going to use some of these!
Great ideas! I wish everyone a wonderful and safe new year. I hope 2014 is fabulous for you!
Sarah Fuller says
Thanks much! The more ideas, the better.
Kathy @ The Salvaged Boutique says
Thanks! We’re going with 10 things people don’t know about us…working on it now!
I definitely think I’m going to do a post about the worst job I’ve ever had. And about my bosses at my first job… I think they were in the mafia. All I know is they were drug dealers and all three had matching Mercedes… oh and I was working there illegally at age 15 (there was a bar) and was getting paid under the table.
Thank you for these!
[email protected] says
Bookmarked and pinned! Thanks for these, I’m sure I’ll be referring back in the very near future 🙂 Happy New Year everyone!
Great ideas to get 2014 rolling!
Laura Martin says
These are very helpful. Thank you!