This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Happy 2019! We know how hard it can be to come with blog posts topics and we want to give you a helping hand! We’ve created 31 January writing prompts for the month of January. Our goal is to help you keep your editorial calendar stocked with plenty of writing ideas for the whole month!
31 Days of January Writing Prompts
Feel free to pick and choose which prompts work well for your site.
- What are your 2019 goals? Blogging, relationships, financial, fitness or any other goals you have.
- What’s on your reading list for 2019?
- How do you organize your blogging space?
- What is the one thing you wish you knew how to do?
- How do you get your kids to try new foods?
- Where would you go on your perfect dream vacation?
- Write a post inspired by this word: Hope
- What is the most memorable gift you have received?
- Inspire your readers with an encouraging post.
- Use the I Am From template to tell us more about yourself.
- What makes you feel beautiful?
- What is your biggest guilty pleasure?
- Tell us about one moment you regret.
- Interview your favorite fictional character.
- What is the one kitchen utensil you could not cook without?
- What job did you dream about having when you were a kid?
- Free writing: Set a timer for 5 minutes and write about anything that comes to mind.
- Your top 5 social media tips
- Share your best healthy dinner recipe.
- What is your earliest memory?
- Tell us about your writing routine.
- What was the best job you ever had?
- Favorite winter activity?
- How do you protect your privacy online?
- Re-write your favorite fairy tale.
- What is the hardest thing you had to wait for?
- Top ten foods you could eat for the rest of your life.
- What songs are on your playlist?
- Finish this story: A girl, sitting alone on a rock at the edge of the woods, jumps when she hears…
- 5 style trends you would like to see stick around (or come back) this year.
- Looking back at the first month of 2019, how are you doing with the goals you set for yourself?
LOOKING FOR MORE POSTS SIMILAR TO THIS ONE?
Looking for more posts similar to our January Writing Prompts? Be sure to click through the below links!
- 5 Ways To Avoid Blogging Burnout
- How to Write a Blog Post in 15 Minutes or Less
- 10 Blogging Pitfalls You Should Avoid
- Essential Camera Gear For Beginning Photographers - Aug 12, 2022
- Finding Your Friends on Instagram - May 3, 2022
- Magic Mosaic Easter Egg Coloring - Mar 5, 2022
- 11 Recipes For National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day - Feb 24, 2022
- Our Favorite Things – 2021 Edition (Holiday Gift Guide and Giveaways!) - Nov 15, 2021
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe - Sep 2, 2021
- Low Light Photography Tips for the Holidays - Nov 11, 2020
- DIY 30-Minute Thanksgiving Tree - Nov 8, 2020
- The Spanish Princess Part 2 Is Coming - Oct 8, 2020
- Fabric Pumpkins – DIY in 15 Minutes - Sep 9, 2020
- Jack-O-Lantern Marshmallow Pops - Sep 7, 2020
- DIY Mini Herb Garden - Aug 30, 2020
- Step by Step Plan to Drive Traffic to A New Blog - Aug 30, 2020
- Six Tips to Reduce Stress In Your Life - Aug 30, 2020
- How To Take A Food Photo From Good To Great - Aug 30, 2020
best 3d pen says
January Writing Prompts is really awesome! This is really helpful tips.
Top 10 are always a good way to attract people to read your articles 🙂
…it def works for me!
Zoe Gordon says
This is a really great list and will help me get inspired for 2017! I like the idea of switching around some of the suggestions to suit the needs of your own blog. For instance, ‘What did you dream about having when you were a kid?’ can be changed to ‘What gift did you really want when you were a kid’ to suit my gift blog: https://www.byronbaygifts.com.au/index.php?route=news/ncategory
Betty Manousos says
thanks so much for all these great ideas.
happy new year!
This was so helpful and immediately gave me a prompt that broke me out of my writer’s block. Thank you so much!
Kadisha Fields says
Thank you Thank you Thank you! I cannot say this enough! With taking baby steps in creating my own blog, there is much to get done and I believe this may be more than helpful in the coming weeks! Hoping to use a few of these on my blog once I can get everything polished and up and running! Thank you very much!!!
Kim @ FoodandHappinessblog says
Loving this list! Thanks a bunch for the inspiration 🙂
This is a great post. Thank you so much for sharing.
Happy New Year!
Keia Blake says
love these questions thank you! Writing prompts are ALWAYS welcome 😀
dawn hesh says
Great post!! Ty
Jessica Cali says
I love this list of prompts & honestly hope to see one for every month of the year!! How fun!! Thanks for providing it to us to use!
Amanda Ripsam says
I’m going to do a few more of these prompts. I so far did one prompt. I’m looking forward to doing some more thank you for sharing. Happy 2014
This is so helpful! I need this to help me get started in 2014!
Ruth A. Stiles says
Here is my day five – getting my kids to try new foods!http://thestilesfamily.net/2014/01/05/january-writing-prompt-day-5/
Great ideas! Can’t wait to get started!