This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
We all know the highest traffic to your blog comes when you publish a post. Makes sense. Now unless you are a full-time blogger (I’m envious of you), not all of us can post five days a week. So what do you do on the days you don’t blog? How are you maintaining blog traffic?
I typically post three times a week on my blog — Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays — and on the days I don’t post, I maintain my traffic in a variety of ways.
Maintaining Blog Traffic On Days You Don’t Post
Read other blogs!
The best way to do this is by following other blogs on Bloglovin’. It will aggregate all their RSS feeds into one easy to find way. Or in less techy talk, it will post excerpts of all the new posts as they come out. It’s a great way to follow along with other bloggers. Of course, don’t forget to comment on the blogs you are reading. Often times, many bloggers who receive comments will go to your blog and comment on one of your posts, like Kathy from More Coffee, Less Talky.
Take some time to clean up your blog or social media accounts
For example, I’ve been revamping all my Pinterest boards to make them more cohesive, eliminate any redundancies, and delete old pins. On my to-do list is go through my old blog posts and add new images. All of mine were sized on blogger and look tiny on my lovely new WordPress site.
Promote, promote, promote!
Get on your social media and promote your blog posts. I typically start with Facebook and promote myself through a a few of my favorite Facebook groups: Blog Passion Project and Show Your Blog Love. These two are my favorite and I use them the most. If you have any others that you love, share them in the comments!
Use Stumbleupon. If you aren’t stumbling your blog pages, you’re missing out! Jaelan from Making Mrs. M has a great explanation of what it is and why you need to be using it. Even though my bounce rates are a bit higher now that I use it, my pageviews are definitely blossoming because of StumbleUpon. In addition to stumbling your own pages, you need to be stumbling others. Follow other Stumblers and like their pages. My stumble account is here, and if you follow me, I’ll add you to the list of bloggers that I frequently stumble.
Organically interact on your other social media platforms. What I mean by this is instead of just sharing posts with blurbs, write something different. Pose a question to your readers, tell a joke, share a picture (not blog related), etc. For example:
Instead of just sharing my sponsors posts or promoting my own posts, I posted a picture of these awesome cheese cart that was at a restaurant I stopped into. That way your followers won’t just see your blog promotions but will feel like they can really connect with you (not just your blog) via social media.
Lastly, Take a breather!
Your blog will be okay for a day, and you will come back to your blog feeling refreshed and ready to go!
How frequently do you post? On days you don’t post do you have any tactics to promote your blog?
Author Bio: Alanna
Alanna & Company is a lifestyle blog written by a twenty-something Washingtonian. On my blog, you’ll find beauty posts, dog posts, blogging tips, restaurant and happy hour recommendations, and all things D.C. related.
For more tips to help you increase and maintain your blog traffic, check out:
- How To Get New Traffic To Old Blog Posts
- Insider Tips to Increase Traffic To Your Blog
- 10 Tips For a Successful Linky That Generates Traffic To Your Blog
- How To Revive Your Blog After A Break - Jan 10, 2019
- Photography Tips From A Pro Blogger - Apr 9, 2018
- How to Write More Blog Posts, Easily, in Less Time - Feb 19, 2018
- Zucchini Banana Bread - Jan 11, 2018
- Building Your Author Platform - Jan 10, 2018
- 7 Thrifty Sewing Storage Ideas - Jan 5, 2018
- How To Handle Criticism As A Creative - Jan 4, 2018
- Maple Bourbon Apple Pie Recipe - Dec 23, 2017
- 4 Things That Could Be Killing Your Creativity - Nov 13, 2017
- Get Ready To Write Every Day – These Four Tips Will Help - Nov 6, 2017
- Creating Quality Instagram Content - Oct 30, 2017
- How To Make A Viral Video - Sep 20, 2017
- How To Become A Blogger And Stay A Blogger - Sep 11, 2017
- Is A Blog Essential For A Freelance Writer? - Aug 10, 2017
- How To Find More Creativity In Your Life - Jul 12, 2017