This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
After you write your posts, you want to make sure readers can read them in any way they choose. As a result, one thing that’s important to offer is an RSS feed, the preferred way of many bloggers to follow other blogs. While most blogs are set up to automatically produce a feed, this does not give bloggers the ability to keep track of their varying statistics. While not always focusing on stats is perfectly acceptable, feedburner offers great insights into your readers.
How to set up feedburner
1. First, go to http://feedburner.google.com to set up your feed. You will want to put in your blog or feed address right in the box:
2. Go to the next screen, which will display once your url has been verified and enter your Blog Name & the Feed Address. THIS STEP IS VERY IMPORTANT. If you change the feed address later on, you will have to notify your readers- they are not automatically updated if you change the feed address.
3. Once these steps are complete- congratulations! You have a feed.
Now what do you do with it? In Blogger, you want to go to your Dashboard and select Settings, then Site Feed. You will see a box titled Post Feed Redirect Url- put your feedburner feed ADDRESS here. For WordPress, download the Feedburner Feedsmith Plugin. It is the one recommended by Google (who owns Feedburner) and is the one that has remained most consistent with WordPress Updates.
Next, you can add your logo to your Feedburner feed to further brand your content!
How to add your logo to your Feedburner Feed.
2. Make sure your email subscriptions option is activated, and select “email branding”.
3. Insert the url of your logo image. Note that it should be 200px x 200px or smaller.
4. Scroll down to adjust the font, colors, and then to see your preview. Click Save.
That’s it! Now your logo is in your feed updates delivered to your readers each and every day. Happy blogging!
- Why Bloggers Need Instagram (And How to Get to Your First 1,000 Followers) - Oct 28, 2013
- Best Apps To Make Your Life Easier - Jul 31, 2013
- 8 WordPress Plugins Your Blog Can’t Live Without - Jul 25, 2013
- Cleaning up the mess - May 30, 2013
- Finding Baby Bedtime Bliss - May 16, 2013
- 5 Ways You’re Failing Facebook - Apr 3, 2013
- Easy & Free Photos To Download For Your Blog - Mar 27, 2013
- 3 Secrets to How to Get Facebook Fans and Increase Engagement - Mar 20, 2013
- Calculate Your Website Grade With This FREE Tool - Feb 11, 2013
- How to Share a Link on Facebook & Get Clicks Back To Your Blog - Jan 28, 2013
- Does Google Read Your Blog? - Jan 14, 2013
- Common New Year Resolutions for Bloggers - Jan 7, 2013
- Your Doctor’s Wife - Oct 5, 2012
- SuperMom: Losing It (One Pound Cake At A Time) - Oct 4, 2012
- The Epic Adventures of a Modern Mom - Oct 3, 2012