New to SITS? Welcome!! Go read this to get started.
Welcome to the weekly blogging tip and comment game! This week I’m talking about the importance of highlighting the best content on your blog.
With all the amazing blogs to read, determining which ones to follow can be a daunting task. Making sure new visitors see your best content helps convert casual visitors to loyal subscribers.It’s important to have a prominent place on your blog where people have easy access to your best posts. Here are a few ways to do that:
- Widgets/Plugins: Easy to use and pop into your sidebar, try Popularity Contest plugin for WordPress or PostRank’s Top Posts Widget.
- Create Your Own “Best Of” Page: While plugins and widgets are easy, sometimes your most visited posts are not the ones that say the most about you or your blog. It’s simple to manually add links to your five or ten favorite posts in your sidebar, or create a separate page with your best content and add a link to it on your main page.
- Roundup Posts: Write a post that links to your best content of the week, month, quarter, or whatever time frame you choose. Roundups are useful for your visitors and also offer SEO value as you “deep-link” within your blog and use keywords to describe your best posts.
And don’t forget about that About page. Give your readers a little background on who you are and why you are blogging. If you reveal your personality and highlight your best content, subscribers will follow.
Now, let’s play a game! Here are the rules for the SITS Saturday Sharefest:
- Leave a comment here with a link to one of your best blog posts (or just your main URL if you prefer).
- After you leave your comment, visit the link of the person who commented BEFORE you.
- Comment on their post and be sure to say “Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest” in your comment.
This last part is really important because other people visiting our various blogs will see this “sharefest” note and wonder, “What the heck is that?” Then they might seek us out and we’ll get even more people involved in SITS. Get it? Good? Now, go play nice and leave some comments!
If you’re the first commenter, come on over and visit me: Shannon @ PHAT Mommy.
And, as always, when you see this:
- Strolling In The Park With The Ergobaby 180 Reversible Stroller - May 20, 2018
- How To Set Up A Home Video Studio - Dec 18, 2017
- Welcome To The Sway — The New Home Of The SITS Girls! - Jun 8, 2017
- Writing Fundamentals: 4 Things To Do Before Publishing - Nov 2, 2016
- A Letter To Our Community - May 24, 2016
- Ready to POP! Tiffany’s Baby Shower - Jan 22, 2016
- Invisalign: More than Just a Pretty Smile. - Mar 13, 2015
- Invisalign: Does it hurt? - Sep 8, 2014
- Does Invisalign Work? - Aug 1, 2014
- Smile It Forward - Nov 20, 2013
- Don’t Let This Halloween Haunt You! Basic Do’s and Don’ts For Busy Parents - Oct 26, 2013
- Getting a Second Opinon - Sep 27, 2013
- Parenting Teens- Developing a Sense of Responsibility - Aug 27, 2013
- Fabulous Custom Canvas: 30% Off! - Aug 26, 2013
- Smile Down the Aisle - Jun 26, 2013