This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Imagine that you have a new visitor to your blog. They may have stumbled onto your homepage, or a post you wrote several years ago, or a post that went viral. They might like your content enough that they want to read more, but they want to read the very best, the latest, or the most popular content that your blog has to offer. That is where a start here page will come into play. Your blog needs a start here page. I’m going to tell you why, and give you some ideas what to include.
Your Blog Needs A Start Here Page
This page is different from your about me page. Your about me page is about you and showcases you. With a start here page, you’re able to showcase your best work to keep your new reader intrigued.
The Construction Of Your Start Here Page:
- Be sure to name your Start Here page so people know exactly what it is.
Try calling it start here, getting started or (your blog name) 101.
- Place your start here page’s link in your top navigation bar or sidebar of your blog. This is a page you want people to notice!
- Be brief! This is just a summary of what readers can expect.
Things You Could Include On Your Start Here Page:
- Links to specific pages or categories on your blog
- Links to your top posts
- Links to your landing pages
- Include a welcome video
- A summary of what your readers will find on your blog
- A gentle nudge to your mailing list or social media sites
Do you have a start here page already? If you don’t, I highly recommend you create a start here page today. They can be a great addition to your blog. My start here page is the third most visited page on my blog. Since I’ve implemented this page I’ve seen a decrease in my bounce rate, because people are visiting 2-4 more pages instead of just 1-2 pages. That is pretty awesome.
Want more tips to help decrease your bounce rate?
Check out this post on maintaining a low bounce rate.
- Essential Camera Gear For Beginning Photographers - Aug 12, 2022
- Finding Your Friends on Instagram - May 3, 2022
- Magic Mosaic Easter Egg Coloring - Mar 5, 2022
- 11 Recipes For National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day - Feb 24, 2022
- Our Favorite Things – 2021 Edition (Holiday Gift Guide and Giveaways!) - Nov 15, 2021
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe - Sep 2, 2021
- Low Light Photography Tips for the Holidays - Nov 11, 2020
- DIY 30-Minute Thanksgiving Tree - Nov 8, 2020
- The Spanish Princess Part 2 Is Coming - Oct 8, 2020
- Fabric Pumpkins – DIY in 15 Minutes - Sep 9, 2020
- Jack-O-Lantern Marshmallow Pops - Sep 7, 2020
- DIY Mini Herb Garden - Aug 30, 2020
- Step by Step Plan to Drive Traffic to A New Blog - Aug 30, 2020
- Six Tips to Reduce Stress In Your Life - Aug 30, 2020
- How To Take A Food Photo From Good To Great - Aug 30, 2020