This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Interested in hosting a blog giveaway on your site? What if your readers love them, but do you dislike them?
Read how one blogger started doing less blog giveaways, by putting more effort into each one, while simultaneously increasing page views and followers.
How to Host a Successful Blog Giveaway
For as long as I can remember, I have been hosting a blog giveaway from time to time. They are some of my most popular features. In recent months, I had found myself turning down some sponsors for giveaways, because I was overwhelmed with the amount of work a blog giveaway can be.
But, recently I sat down and carved out a plan of how I am going to run each giveaway so that it works best for me and for my sponsors. I want to get them as much exposure as possible, but I also want to retain the readers I attract.
Here is some of what I am doing from research, to choosing a giveaway method and prizes, to terms of service, to promotion.
- How To Create a Custom Watermark in PicMonkey - Feb 28, 2018
- SEO Blogger Tools of the Trade - Feb 23, 2018
- 5 Vlogging Tips for Beginners - Feb 16, 2018
- How to Get Your First 100 Email Subscribers in 30 Days or Less - Feb 14, 2018
- 5 Ways to Promote Your Blog - Feb 9, 2018
- IFTTT for Bloggers: 5 Time-Saving Ideas - Jan 31, 2018
- Why I Quit Making New Year’s Resolutions to Explore Possibilities Instead - Jan 26, 2018
- Make Your Posts Pinteresting Using PicMonkey - Jan 24, 2018
- Social Media Influence - Jan 19, 2018
- 5 Tips to Get More Followers and Page Views - Jan 17, 2018
- 8 Great WordPress Plugins for Beginning Bloggers - Jan 12, 2018
- How to Organize Your Pinterest Boards - Jan 10, 2018
- The Best Blogging Advice I Ever Gave - Jan 5, 2018
- Best Free Valentine’s Day Fonts - Jan 3, 2018
- Top 10 Blogging Tips for NEW Bloggers - Dec 29, 2017
chi dela resma says
I will be celebrating my first year blogiversary this July 24th. thanks for this!
Beady J says
I have never done any giveaway yet. This post has given me some ideas how to go about it. Thanks.
Well it is funny that I fall upon this post, for I just posted my very first sponsored giveaway and am nervous about it not attracting enough entries! I am very excited to read this…
Anna Vaughn says
How did your first giveaway go? Did you have enough entries? I wanted to host one for a young adult novel but no sure if it’s worth the effort. Any suggestions?
Kate @ Pennello Lane says
Excited to read the tips… I do giveaways from time to time, just posted one this morning, actually! So I’m always interested in how to make them better!
I haven’t done a giveaway yet but I’m excited to read your plan!
I’ve recently been interested in hosting a giveaway, so these tips will help me out tremendously! Thanks for sharing!
Vicki M. Taylor says
I’ve tried having writing contests, book giveaways, and more. I always came out on the losing end by doing all the work and not getting much reward in new readers. This blog might help me see that there is a light at the end of that dark tunnel!
I’ve been debating on doing a giveaway on my blog, but haven’t really been sure where to get started. I’ll certainly be reading this before I make any final decisions!
off to read this now… I love to host giveaways, but yes–sometimes they can be very time consuming and I wonder if they’re worth the effort. Thanks for this!
Can’t wait to read this! We don’t do giveaways often, mostly because it seems like people are not as into them, but maybe it is more the way we are going about them! 😉
JDaniel4's Mom says
What great tips!
Jill of PJgamers.com says
Helps if your comment for is working….
buttercream bakehouse says
in the new year I am applying everything I have found on your site. Just too much to process at the moment but I am certainly glad i have found you and bookmarked you. I’ll be back!!!! LOL
Jill of PJgamers.com says
Wow, I feel like a toddler after reading all that! I’m just giving away my time and talent to be nice. I guess I wasn’t thinking very big.
Definitely going to read this! I’ve got a couple giveaways going on too if you’re interested in entering.