This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
So just what are unique monthly visitors? Well, unique visitor or UMVs refers to the number of visitors requesting to view pages on a website during a given period of time. It doesn’t matter often they stop by. If they visit from the same device on the same day, it counts as one visit.
Why do I need to know my UMVs?
Your UMVs tell you how many people are really visiting your site. While it is wonderful to have visitors who revisit your site day in and day out, they are still the same set of eyes visiting.
It would be like having the same customers visit your restaurant all day. They might love your food, but they are not new people experiencing what you have to offer.
Unique monthly visitors show that the joy and excitement of what you are sharing is spreading. New people are hearing about your content and deciding to visit you.
If we go back to the restaurant analogy, it shows that people beyond your neighborhood are stopping by. There are people from outside your circle of friends who are seeing and hearing good things about your site and just have to come check it out.
How to Engage Your Unique Monthly Visitors
Visitors come to your site, because they’ve seen content they are interested in exploring. You want to make sure you invite them to dig deep into your content.
When they find lots to love about your site, they will tell their friends about you. They will share it on social media. They will link it to their posts.
You can keep your new visitors on your site longer by adding links and pictures that will draw them to your other posts. They can also be added to your sidebars or at the bottom of your page.
You can read more about page views by reading the following posts:
- What Are UMVs And Why Do I Need To Know Mine? - May 26, 2017
- Social Media Strategy For The Holidays - Nov 10, 2016
- What Do Your Social Media Handles Say About You? - Sep 9, 2016
- Blogging Tips That Will Revolutionize Your Blog - Mar 24, 2016
- Instagram Do’s And Don’ts - Sep 15, 2015
- Everything You Need To Know About Links For Your Blog - Feb 8, 2015
- How To Start and Maintain A Regular Link Up On Your Blog - Sep 11, 2014
- 7 Ways to Be Happy By Making Someone Else’s Day - Aug 14, 2013
- Summer Bucket List: How to Make One For Your Family - May 15, 2013
- Must Read Forum Discussions: May 3 - May 3, 2013
- Saturday Sharefest: Share Your Favorite Post Here! - Apr 27, 2013
- Saturday Sharefest: Share Your Favorite Post Here! - Mar 30, 2013
- #SITSSharefest: Connect With Bloggers & Link Up - Feb 23, 2013
- Share Your Best Post From This Week with #SITSSharefest - Jan 26, 2013
- Saturday Sharefest- December 8th - Dec 8, 2012