This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
We are back with our 31 Days of Writing Prompts for August. Our goal is to help you keep your editorial calendar stocked with plenty of writing ideas!
31 Days Of Writing Prompts
Feel free to pick and choose which prompts work well for your site.
1. Are you more like your mother or your father? Or maybe you aren’t like either of them? Tell us why.
2. Do you need solitude?
3. Have you ever traveled to a foreign country? What country would you most like to visit?
4. What would you include in a truly epic gift basket?
5. How do you respond to change?
6. What is your dream job?
7. If you could only eat one thing for breakfast for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
8.What is something blogging has taught you about yourself?
9. Do you communicate differently online than you do in person?
10. National S’mores Day! Share your favorite s’mores-inspired recipe.
11. Finish this sentence: Life is to0 short to…
12. Would you rather read only one book for a year or only watch one television show for a year, and which book or show would you pick?
13. Which cartoon character best represents your personality?
14. What was the last game you played?
15. What special tradition from your childhood have you recreated with your own children?
16. It is time to embrace your funny side. Tell us a funny story or a joke.
17. What does friendship look like in your world? Tell us about your best friend, and what makes her (or him) special.
18. Do you have a favorite recipe from your childhood that you still make today?
19. Would you trade places with a celebrity for a day? If so, who would you choose?
20. Book review time: tell us about a great book you have recently read.
21.Do your children still believe in the Tooth Fairy?
22. What does your favorite song say to you?
23. If your life flashed before your eyes, which three moments do you think you would see?
24. How to you spread kindness?
25. Do you still keep a personal journal? How is it different from your blog, or are the two connected in some way?
26. If you were to describe yourself as a tree, what kind of tree would you be?
27. Share a favorite picture from this summer and a favorite picture from a summer in the past.
28. Does your family have a motto?
29. What is your favorite room in your house?
30. What motivates you?
31. What does “a fresh start” mean to you?
Looking for more posts to help you jump start your writing? Then be sure to click through the below links!
- How To Blog Honestly – Without Losing Your Dignity
- Hanging On To Your Blogging Mojo
- How To Stick To A Consistent Blogging Schedule
- Essential Camera Gear For Beginning Photographers - Aug 12, 2022
- Finding Your Friends on Instagram - May 3, 2022
- Magic Mosaic Easter Egg Coloring - Mar 5, 2022
- 11 Recipes For National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day - Feb 24, 2022
- Our Favorite Things – 2021 Edition (Holiday Gift Guide and Giveaways!) - Nov 15, 2021
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe - Sep 2, 2021
- Low Light Photography Tips for the Holidays - Nov 11, 2020
- DIY 30-Minute Thanksgiving Tree - Nov 8, 2020
- The Spanish Princess Part 2 Is Coming - Oct 8, 2020
- Fabric Pumpkins – DIY in 15 Minutes - Sep 9, 2020
- Jack-O-Lantern Marshmallow Pops - Sep 7, 2020
- DIY Mini Herb Garden - Aug 30, 2020
- Step by Step Plan to Drive Traffic to A New Blog - Aug 30, 2020
- Six Tips to Reduce Stress In Your Life - Aug 30, 2020
- How To Take A Food Photo From Good To Great - Aug 30, 2020
Amanda Geering says
Excellent tips. The best advice I have is to think about why you started blogging and think about what you would enjoy reading if you were your readers. I defeat writers block daily just by putting myself in others shoes! Blog on ladies!
Niki @ Toot's Mom is Tired says
These are all great! Thanks so much!
free classifieds says
Your blog is good look. i am visit weekly to your blog. your content is good look and more information. thank you
Love the way the questions probe a little, sometimes people just browse through blogs without even stopping to think, making them muse a little bit is always interesting
Momina Arif says
I love the tree/personality idea. It so much like the soul tree concept in nymphomaniac. I love the idea about fresh starts and favourite room in the house. looking forward to writing on these. thank you for sharing a wonderful post.
I love the monthly writing prompts. I’ve been printing them out each month.
Great tips you shared, It’s not easy to build a successful blog, it takes a lot of time and dedication. Writing unique content and being consistent is key
Just started a blog – I follow back 🙂
Magical Mystical Mimi says
Post #3 is up! I’d love it if you stopped by for a visit! – http://www.magicalmysticalmimi.com/god-save-the-queen/
Magical Mystical Mimi says
Post #2 – Solitude – http://www.magicalmysticalmimi.com/solitude-who-needs-it-2/
Great tips and nice post, just keep writing
Magical Mystical Mimi says
I’m doing the whole month and I don’t know if there’s a link up but here’s my Aug. 1st post! 😀
LOVE the prompts here!
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!!!
Thanks for sharing suggestions 🙂
Shana Sutton says
These are really nice and light-hearted prompts. An excellent jumping off point for funny or serious posts. I don’t usually do Writing Prompts b/c i find they’re usually really serious but these are great! I will definitely participate!
thanks for sharing!!!
Great prompts, they made me think!
Jen @ LivingLoving30 says
Great suggestions! I didn’t realize that the 10th was National S’mores Day. I can’t wait to round up my favorite s’mores recipes!
Linda Marie Finn says
Awesome ideas, i am going to try some of these.
Great suggestions for writing prompts.
Lauren from Lauren Paints | a beautiful life says
Another great month of prompts, I’m going to try and join in on the writing fun this month! 🙂
Limeade Gal says
Thank you, as my days are getting busier this is a lifesaver!
[email protected] says
Great suggestions, thank you! I especially like the last one since I am moving this weekend 🙂
Amanda @ Diary of a Semi-Health Nut says
Thank you as always for these prompts! I look forward to them each month! 🙂