This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I read The Help last summer.
I enjoyed every last wordful morsel that Stockett offered in her novel. I thought her character development was phenomenal. The social implications got me thinking, and I fell in love with Stockett’s readable prose. I loved that it’s possible for a work of historical fiction to take place in my life time (well, almost). I was impressed that Stockett used her life observations, story telling power, and education to produce a work that is so easily devoured and enjoyed by many.
She inspires me, and I thought maybe she’ll inspire you, too.
Before our live chat based on the novel The Help, I thought that it would be a good idea to find out more about the author. This is what I found (courtesy of www.kathrynstockett.com):
“Kathryn Stockett was born and raised in Jackson, Mississippi. After graduating from the University of Alabama with a degree in English and creative writing, she moved to New York City, where she worked in magazine publishing for nine years. She currently lives in Atlanta with her husband and daughter. She is working on her second novel”.
I can’t wait for her second novel to be released and look forward to discussing The Help with you on THURSDAY, March 4th at 7:00 P.M. Pacific Time right here in the SITS discussion forum.
In the meantime, for all of you that are also inspired by Kathryn Stockett, know that she believes there are two key tools every writer needs: tenacity and a great writing mentor.
Something to think about……
Who inspires you?
- How To Start A 365 Photography Project - Jan 1, 2020
- 3 Ways To Document Your Family Vacation With Photographs - May 6, 2019
- How a Professional Photographer Stores Photos Online - Sep 26, 2018
- 5 Kids Photos Every Mom Should Take - Sep 13, 2018
- 3 Easy Photography Projects to Try this Summer - Jun 11, 2018
- How to Create Cover Photos for Instagram Story Highlights - Mar 14, 2018
- How To Share Photos From Lightroom To Instagram - Jan 24, 2018
- 3 Tips for Photographing Your Everyday Life - Sep 4, 2017
- What to Do When You Don’t Have Access to Natural Light - Jul 24, 2017
- How to Take a Perfect Flat Lay Photograph - May 24, 2017
- How To Take Great Instagram Photos - Feb 24, 2017
- 3 Tips For Completing A Project 365 - Jan 9, 2017
- 3 Blog Photography Backgrounds Under $10 - Aug 31, 2016
- Tips For Photographing Your Own Kids - Aug 3, 2016
- How To Plan For Your Wedding Photos - Jul 8, 2016