This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Today’s the day to take the first step in making your blog rock. Our latest round of the #SITS31DBBB (31 Days to Build a Better Blog) blog challenge kicks off today.
Are you all in?
We are geared up and ready to go!
If you’re still getting caught up on all things bloggy, last week’s post on our new and improved #SITS31DBBB format will tell you everything you need to know.
But suffice it to say that this version of #SITS31DBBB is going to knock your socks off!
How, you ask?
Because we’ve customized the whole thing to your experience level. We’ve added fabulous community leaders to help you along the way. We’re structuring the daily challenges around themes and topics. We’re giving you lots of information, lots of fun and most importantly – lots of flexibility.
This week’s #SITS31DBBB theme is Assess Your Blog.
You can’t really make effective improvements to your blog until you take a hard, honest, and objective look at what you’re currently doing. So this week’s #SITS31DBBB tasks, Education Channel posts and community forum discussions are all designed around helping you do just that – assessing and analyzing your blog.
If you’re a new blogger, this is a great way to get started off on the right foot with your blogging career. If you’re more intermediate or advanced, it’s a great time to re-examine and re-group.
No matter what your experience level, we’ve got you covered.
Maybe you just did an assessment of your blog at the end of the year and don’t think this week will be helpful? No worries! Hop on to the #SITS31DBBB train next week when we teach you how to look under the hood of your blog. Or join us for Week 3, when we discuss building community. Come for part of the challenge or all of it – it’s up to you.
Here’s how to get started:
1. If you haven’t already, pick up a copy of the newest edition of Darren Rowse’s 31 Days To Build a Better Blog e-book. If you have a previous version, you are still able to do the challenge, but you won’t have access to some of the new content Darren’s added to this edition of the book. Again, it’s up to you.
2. Even if you missed the sign-up, join one of our blogger groups. We’ve got groups for new, intermediate and advanced bloggers. Not sure where you fit in? Our post from January 5 gives you some guidelines on what level blogger you are.
3. If you’ve never participated in our community before, register for an account. Doing so will allow you to respond to our daily discussions and get involved. If you have been active in our forum before, you’ll need to set up a new password here.
4. Head over to the #SITS31DBBB discussion group in our brand new community forum, join a group by saying hello, and start sharing experiences and resources.
5. Having trouble finding your way around? Then be sure you head directly to our Frequently Asked Questions pages. We’ve set up one specifically for #SITS31DBBB and another just on how to use the forum.
Let’s create some serious blog fabulosity together.
So…are you all in?
- Essential Camera Gear For Beginning Photographers - Aug 12, 2022
- Finding Your Friends on Instagram - May 3, 2022
- Magic Mosaic Easter Egg Coloring - Mar 5, 2022
- 11 Recipes For National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day - Feb 24, 2022
- Our Favorite Things – 2021 Edition (Holiday Gift Guide and Giveaways!) - Nov 15, 2021
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe - Sep 2, 2021
- Low Light Photography Tips for the Holidays - Nov 11, 2020
- DIY 30-Minute Thanksgiving Tree - Nov 8, 2020
- The Spanish Princess Part 2 Is Coming - Oct 8, 2020
- Fabric Pumpkins – DIY in 15 Minutes - Sep 9, 2020
- Jack-O-Lantern Marshmallow Pops - Sep 7, 2020
- DIY Mini Herb Garden - Aug 30, 2020
- Step by Step Plan to Drive Traffic to A New Blog - Aug 30, 2020
- Six Tips to Reduce Stress In Your Life - Aug 30, 2020
- How To Take A Food Photo From Good To Great - Aug 30, 2020
Justine Ickes says
I’m too late to sign up but I’m going to follow along I the forums. Thanks to Amanda of MarocMama blog for telling me about this super opportunity!
Jamie and Lindsi says
We’re in! Heading on over to the forums!
I’m in the process of wanting to change my blog, and this comes along at the right time, because right now I’m stuck. I can’t purchase e-book yet, but I’m in!
Brenna @ Almost All The Truth says
I am ready to get started and super excited. Just hoping I can keep up a bit!
Sylver Blaque says
Hi, where is the forum? What’s the link? And why do I have to change my WordPress password to participate? Can someone plz explain this? Thanx!
I’m definitely in and excited!
Jeanie Cullip says
Jamee @ A New Kind of Normal says
Super excited about this! This will be my 2nd time going through 31DBBB with SITS so I’m really looking forward to Melisaa leading the advanced group! Never ever thought I could ever be included in such a group but thanks to SITS my blog has been going strong & will celebrate 5 years in July!
Super excited to get started!!
Randa @ The Bewitchin' Kitchen says
I’m in…and I’m checking out the beginner and intermediate boards as well. 🙂
WordPress too I used your link is there a conflict as I blog on word press working the Bugs out great job girls
I signed up for new password via email still waiting
Correction. Even the threads that have new dates the info is old. When I click on a discussion all the comments are really old. I can’t find anything new. Is this happening to anyone else? I also can’t find the form to sign up. In the post it says click here to go to details and form, but it’s just another post with no where to sign up.
I had problems logging in last night even after I created a new password. Now this morning, I can get into the forums but most of the info is old. I have to scroll through all these old posts and look at the dates to see what’s new. If I click the top box that says “what’s new” I get a message saying nothing is new?
Glad you are back online. This is awesome!
I’m in! The forums worked good for me today! Thanks so much for doing this again and breaking us up into different level groups for more specific content!
heh you’re back to using buddy press eh?
can’t wait to get started on this and hope i can improve my bloggy some more. i’m starting to slack off again. 🙁
I am so excited to get started! I don’t have the book but still, can’t wait!
I think I’m going to jump in too. Just grabbed myself a copy of this book in Rowse’s recent 50% sale.
Debra S says
Hi, I was able to create a new account. So, hopefully I’ll be “in” like Miriam. 🙂 I guess coffee helps in situations like this.
Blond Duck says
I’m in! I just have to figure out how to get there.
Miriam @ Sometimes I Veg says
I’m in, I’m in! I’m so excited to be in too! Hopefully I’ll still be able to come up with some great content while I’m improving my blog. The blog is only as good as it’s content right 🙂
Debra S says
I was really looking forward to this event. I joined last week and had no problems accessing the forums. This morning I tried to log-in for this event and I couldn’t. So I tried to create a new account but WordPress won’t let me. I’m not really sure what to do to log-in. [email protected]
Mary Beth|Cupcakes and Crinoline says
I’m in…and excited! Thanks so much for this series of posts. Sometimes we just need to be pointed in the right direction for success. : )
Thanks for letting us know!
Because we migrated our discussion forum to a new platform, all users will be prompted to create a new password.
Keep the same username, though.
Here is the link you’ll need to reset your password:
Sylver Blaque says
I’m not clear about why I have to change my WordPress password to participate in a SITS forum??
Sorry for the confusion. You are not being prompted to change your WordPress password.
Our discussion forum is hosted on something called BuddyPress, which is integrated into the WordPress platform for The SITS Girls.
You are setting up a new password for an entirely separate account.
Yes, it is WordPress, but nothing crosses over between your personal account and what we are doing on our site.
Hope that helps!
Sylver Blaque says
Thanx, Francesca, for clearing this up. Was very confusing. In now, and excited 🙂