This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Today, Heather Spohr’s daughter Maddie should be celebrating her fourth birthday. Instead, it will be the third birthday that Heather and her family have spent without her. You can read all about Maddie here.
The Spohrs started a charity a few years ago, called Friends of Maddie, that helps families with children in the NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) get through very emotionally taxing and scary times. Friends of Maddie support the families of critically ill and premature babies by easing the transition into NICU life and providing an ally until the end of their child’s hospital stay.
This year, the Spohrs decided to do something different to help raise funds for Friends of Maddie.
They recorded a song – a song where Mike and Heather actually sing in their own voices. A few of their friends suggested they put the song on iTunes. They thought:
“What if we put up a song, and use it as a fundraiser for Friends of Maddie?”
And so they did.
The Spohrs hope to sell enough copies of the song to help them fund Friends of Maddie’s expansion in 2012 by supplying grants and scholarships to NICU families in addition to the Family Support Packs that we presently send – free of charge – to Level III NICUs across the nation.
100% of the proceeds from the sales of the song will go to Friends of Maddie. All recording and distribution costs were covered by the Spohr family. The song is called You Are the One – Friends of Maddie and it’s a 99 cent download on iTunes.
99 cents, SITStahs. Skip downloading the latest Katy Perry song today and help families in need. It’s so quick and easy to do.
The song is also available via Amazon, Spotify, Medianet, eMusic, Zune, Rhapsody, I Heart Radio, VerveLife, Nokia, and Napster.
What Your Money Goes To
Friends of Maddies provides valuable services to NICU families such as:
- Providing NICU Family Support Packs to the nursing staff of Level III NICU’s across the country which are distributed, at their discretion, to families of children being admitted to the NICU for long term care.
- Assist in finding temporary lodging for families who live beyond commuting distance of the NICU that is treating their child.
- Create a network of former NICU families who are willing to provide counseling and more to families currently in the NICU.
Not every child’s entry into this world is an easy one, but by supporting Friends of Maddie you can ensure that their families don’t have to go it alone.
Come on, bloggers. You never disappoint us with your ability to rally around an important and meaningful cause. Head over to iTunes today and honor Maddie’s memory.
Friends of Maddie is a 501(c)(3) not for profit charity. All donations are tax deductible.
- How To Start A 365 Photography Project - Jan 1, 2020
- 3 Ways To Document Your Family Vacation With Photographs - May 6, 2019
- How a Professional Photographer Stores Photos Online - Sep 26, 2018
- 5 Kids Photos Every Mom Should Take - Sep 13, 2018
- 3 Easy Photography Projects to Try this Summer - Jun 11, 2018
- How to Create Cover Photos for Instagram Story Highlights - Mar 14, 2018
- How To Share Photos From Lightroom To Instagram - Jan 24, 2018
- 3 Tips for Photographing Your Everyday Life - Sep 4, 2017
- What to Do When You Don’t Have Access to Natural Light - Jul 24, 2017
- How to Take a Perfect Flat Lay Photograph - May 24, 2017
- How To Take Great Instagram Photos - Feb 24, 2017
- 3 Tips For Completing A Project 365 - Jan 9, 2017
- 3 Blog Photography Backgrounds Under $10 - Aug 31, 2016
- Tips For Photographing Your Own Kids - Aug 3, 2016
- How To Plan For Your Wedding Photos - Jul 8, 2016