\"\"
Blog Community

Have YOU been Roll Calling?

By Sep 18, 2010May 16th, 2012365 Comments

This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Wow.  What a week!  We love “Back to Blogging” and really enjoyed reading everyone’s posts!

We need to take care of some housekeeping:

Please make sure you are “rolling calling” by leaving a comment each time you visit SITS.

{For those of you who read SITS through a feed in your inbox, this especially applies to you!}

As we move through the line of Featured Bloggers, we are coming across a number of you who are not “roll calling” {commenting on our site}.  We need you to comment on the daily post and then visit the featured blogger and comment there.  Before we contact someone to be the Featured Blogger, we search your email address in our magic, behind the scenes land and your comments pop-up.- yes, we really do check!

No need to leave a long comment, if you just want to check in quickly. “Here” is enough- use your thoughtful comment on the featured blogger’s site!  Of course, we love corresponding with you- so thoughtful comments are always welcome!

If your turn comes up and you haven’t been commenting on a somewhat regular basis, {2 to 3xish/week} then we move on the the next person in line, so please be sure you are roll calling!  The bloggers we are at now for featuring submitted in March.  {Please don’t email us asking if you’ve been skipped, if we notice you were commenting lots at one time and then there was a break and you started back up, we count that as participation.}

Please also be sure to have your SITS button up!

If we featured everyone and anyone, without requiring participation, then everyone and anyone would submit and move on- we wouldn’t have any commentors… see how that works?

Now that we’ve taken care of business, let’s have some fun.

Link you contests and giveaways up below!

Interested in becoming an official SITS Girl and being featured on our website? We’d love to showcase your blog! Read how to get involved here.

And, as always, when you see this button:

Be sure to support your fellow SITStah & leave a comment!

About Tiffany

Lover of college football, sushi and historical fiction. Mom to a teen and a toddler. I am a real life summer camp director and President of Influencer Management at Sway Group.

365 Comments

• Lisa Ladrido says:

I am here, have a happy Sunday!~Lisa

• Cheryl says:

Lawsy, I need to step-up my SITStahood communication! 😉

Thanks for the reminder!

• Kathy Thomas says:

Hello! Thanks for the Giveaway Linky!

• Lisa Ladrido says:

Hi am here!~Lisa

• Holly says:

Happy Talk Like a Pirate Day!

• Thanks for the reminder! I am on the email feed and don’t always have the chance to roll call! Have a great week everyone!

• Lamb says:

We’re supposed to comment at the featured blogger AND here? I’ve always thought it was comment on the featured blog and comment on the blog of the commenter above you. I’m not quite sure what the point of commenting here is, especially if a simple “here” will suffice. Is there a rule about commenting on the blog above your comment? Where did I read that??

P.S.
    If anyone out there has a chance, come link up on Not “Baaad” Sundays with LambAround! 🙂

• Tiffany says:

We need to have a way to know you were here!!!! There is NO WAY we can go checking all the comments on every featured blogger. It’s simple purpose is to let us know you were HERE.

• Working It says:

Happy Sunday!!

• Kim says:

Present, ma’m!

I have a question about the button: does it have to be on the sidebar only, or can it be placed anywhere on the homepage? (I run mine along the bottom)

• Julie M. says:

I have the button on my friends page. Hopefully that’s acceptable! Thanks for the roll call refresher!

• Jo says:

Here! ::Raises hand enthusiastically::

Happy Sunday!

Peace and serenity,
    ~Jo
    -‘The End Of The Rainbow: Life After Bankruptcy’
    -‘Rabbit Food: A Vegan Blog’
    -‘Stranger Than Diction’

• Love that I can find all the contests in one neat little spot! thanks!

• Dana says:

I’m here!

• I love checking in! Can’t wait to be featured someday!

• Robin says:

Joined a few months ago but have been busy trying to figure out how to get my blog/site off the ground. Now I’m back and new to this, a little overwhelmed but very eager to learn!

• Candace says:

Saying Hello!

• Thanks for the reminder. I try to comment on the posts in my reader and I’m missing SITS. Luv you gals!

• Vicki says:

I try my best to roll call daily!!! Some weeks are crazy, tho, and I might miss a day here-or-there.

but I’m here!!!

• Jen says:

Yes Ma’am, I will get my comment on. 🙂

• Liza says:

I’m here! I’m here!

• Judy says:

I’m here. I’ve been bad at commenting lately due to this crazy complicated pregnancy! I’m in the home stretch now though! 🙂 I hope everyone has a great weekend!

• Grams says:

I totally missed this step when I signed up for SITS. I’m a faithful commenter on all the featured blogs, but I didn’t know I was supposed to comment here too. I got it now. Thanks.

• Yuliya says:

Present and accounted for!

But I have to agree with a previous commenter just responding with “I’m here” every time you are in fact here seems a bit disingenuous somehow…I like to leave comments when I have something to contribute but I still visit everyday…sigh…rules are rules I suppose…

• Tiffany says:

There is nothing wrong with “HERE”. It probably won’t give you a bunch of visits from roll call, but it does let us know you were here. It is MORE important to us that you leave a thoughtful comment on the FB. We just need to know you came by.

• Helena says:

I never really understood the roll calling thing. But I’m going to start participating now!

• Jenny says:

I check in! 🙂 I try to do it every day but sometimes I forget. I try not to though. 🙂

• Monica says:

Sorry…still learning the rules…

Roll Call… I’ve been here all week!!

Very proud of myself 🙂

• Trina says:

Ok I am so new to all this. I did comment daily on the contest page. but had no idea I had to do roll call also? Does this mean I don’t have a chance of winning the washer and dryer? Sniffle I did also comment in the community 3 or so times but it was not on a roll call page. MAN I AM SO CONFUSED.

• Tiffany says:

This is separate from the contest, you’re fine.

• Trina says:

Oh goodness thank you for letting me know . LOL I was trying to juggle the contest , 6 kids and the blog all week was not easy LOL But I got a new comment on my blog so I’m happy! it is really a great thing you girls are doing. HUGS!

• I’m here! I’m here! I’ll try and work on commenting regularly!

• La Jolla Mom says:

Here!!! Have a great Sunday!

• I know I have to become better at leaving comments. I am just as shy on the web as in real life. I’m always worried I’ll say something that sounds stupid. Guess leaving more comments would help that problem.

• Carol says:

I know, being busy isn’t an excuse–everyone is busy! Will really try harder to comment more.

• Tiffany says:

Come by when you can. We just don’t think its fair to feature those who don’t comment at all- as this only works with comments!

• Hello gals! can’t believe fall is coming soon! The leaves have already started falling! I’m so excited to be updating our bath and body website with Halloween spookilicious images! Hopefully, it should be up at some time today! Hooray!

Hope everyone is having a SITS girl fabulous day!

http://margaritabloom-glamourville.blogspot.com/

• So totally forgot about checking in every day now i will definitely work on that.

• I feel really pushy mentioning this, but I recall submitting a request to be featured last fall. I did have to take a break for a few months this winter due to a family medical crisis, could that be the reason I’ve never been featured?

Either way, I love visiting SITS as part of my daily routine and meeting the other SITSa’s!

• Tiffany says:

Karen,

I was not in charge of the features at that time, but I know I can see what comes up under your email address.

I know Heather was diligent about being fair and checking.

• Janet says:

I’m here!

• Kimi says:

I am probably really lame, but I think I missed something when the layout and everything changed. Where is the daily ‘featured blogger’???

• Tiffany says:

Monda thru Thursday we feature a blogger. You want to comment on our post about the blogger and then visit the blogger and leave them a comment as well.

• McKenzie says:

Happy Sunday!

• DeNae says:

Yep. Here! And I do forget to comment, it’s true! Will work on that!

• Melanie says:

hmm… i am not commenting regularly… i only do that if i have something to say, so just saying “here” is bit… boring, isn’t it? 😉

• Tiffany says:

Boring? Maybe, but we’ve got to have some way to track your participation. There is nothing wrong with “HERE”. It probably won’t give you a bunch of visits from roll call, but it does let us know you were here. It is MORE important to us that you leave a thoughtful comment on the FB. We just need to know you came by.

• I have a favorites page on my blog where I place “The Sits Girls” button and other favs I like to visit. Is this acceptable or does it need to be on the main page??

Anyone?

I’m an avid commentor and would hate to be overlooked for such a minor detail on the magical day I might be scanned for selection!!!

• Tiffany says:

Jennifer- I only have to look at the homepage when I am checking, BUT, if you’ve been roll calling, I’ll email you and ask about the button- then, you can direct me to it!

• Jenny says:

I am new to sist girls, therefore I have not left many comments yet. But give me time and I will.. 😀 So far I am really enjoying the information you all give. And I love finding new blogs 😀

• Noel says:

I visited A Homemade Christmas, followed and said hello:)

• Noel says:

I am just now getting into this, I have been so busy with the new school year starting because my daughter is schooled at home. I look forward to meeting everyone!
    Noel

• Happy Sunday Everyone!! Hope you all had an awesome weekend

• Amy says:

I did not know I needed to sign up to be a featured blogger. I guess I didn’t read all the information. I thought just joining up with SITS was what did it. Shoot!

Oh, well, it’s something I need to do now.

I dropped off the roll call with all the contests going on. It’s hard to keep up with especially with no golden carrot at the other end of it. 🙁

I am thankful for all I’ve learned recently. SITS definitely rocks!

• I have to admit I have been a roll call slacker but I have recommitted to myblog and. Now to my sitstas 🙂

• Here! Happy Sunday everyone!

• elizabeth says:

I’ve been so bad at leaving comments lately, back to work and most blogs are blocked on my work computer… and then you all know what happens when mom gets home, no time for blogs either! I only write one blog post per week (because they are illustrated too) and I just posted. so anyway, still *heart* my SITS gals, even tho’ I’ve not been around much lately.

• Sazz says:

Happy Sunday everyone! REady to do some shopping!

• You wanna know something funny : )?
    I have been roll calling forever and a day : ) and I thought that is how you picked someone to be featured : ) I just recently (as in yesterday) clicked on the ‘do you want the be featured’ link and learned you had to submit an application : )

I think commenting is vital and I try to do it as much as possible every day. I feel so badly when I get too many comments on a post and I can’t return all of them : (.
    I do make sure that at least one post a week I comment on EVERY SINGLE VISITORS page : ) even if it takes me 3 hours. That’s just how I roll!

Sorry for the book : ) Happy Sunday SITS girls!