This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Can you believe that May is already coming to a close? For many, Memorial Day is the official start of the summer, and the end of the school year for parents is close behind. (Yikes!) Meanwhile, we have had some great discussions in our forum this week.
Amy from Counting my Kisses led a great discussion about the importance of self-portraits on your blog. As she says, “I’ll be the first to admit that I do NOT like taking pictures of myself. I happen to think my kids are much cuter & that my readers would prefer to see them!”. But, as we learned during the Spring Fling Challenge, self-portraits are important for readers to get a glimpse of the person behind the blog. Share your thoughts: http://forum.thesitsgirls.com/discussion-forums/hot-topics-group9/blogging-forum51/self-portraits-on-your-blog-thread226/.
Blog post inspiration strikes at different times- so how do you keep track of yours? Andrea from Good Girl Gone Redneck shares that “I used to be the kind of person who would leave myself answering machine messages to remind me to do things. Then I started sending emails. Now I get so many emails I try to use a Google calendar instead. But in the same breath I’m still a pen and paper girl at heart”. What do you think? http://forum.thesitsgirls.com/discussion-forums/hot-topics-group9/blogging-forum51/how-do-you-keep-track-of-your-post-ideas-thread206/
Keely from Lollygag Blog talked about creating fonts. “About a year ago I received a free offer from yourfonts.com (although there are plenty of awesome sites that do it for cheap or free as well) and signed up. It took about twenty minutes to print out the sheet, pen my own letters and numbers, and scan them back in.” Have you ever created your own font? Tell us about it: http://forum.thesitsgirls.com/discussion-forums/hot-topics-group9/blogging-forum51/anyone-have-their-own-font-thread157/.
Check out our forums and lots to come next week!
- Essential Camera Gear For Beginning Photographers - Aug 12, 2022
- Finding Your Friends on Instagram - May 3, 2022
- Magic Mosaic Easter Egg Coloring - Mar 5, 2022
- 11 Recipes For National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day - Feb 24, 2022
- Our Favorite Things – 2021 Edition (Holiday Gift Guide and Giveaways!) - Nov 15, 2021
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe - Sep 2, 2021
- Low Light Photography Tips for the Holidays - Nov 11, 2020
- DIY 30-Minute Thanksgiving Tree - Nov 8, 2020
- The Spanish Princess Part 2 Is Coming - Oct 8, 2020
- Fabric Pumpkins – DIY in 15 Minutes - Sep 9, 2020
- Jack-O-Lantern Marshmallow Pops - Sep 7, 2020
- DIY Mini Herb Garden - Aug 30, 2020
- Step by Step Plan to Drive Traffic to A New Blog - Aug 30, 2020
- Six Tips to Reduce Stress In Your Life - Aug 30, 2020
- How To Take A Food Photo From Good To Great - Aug 30, 2020