This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have been fortunate not to have to deal with acne on my skin since my high school days, but I know plenty of women and men do have acne and it can feel uncontrollable. Often times Acne can be in your genes, but I have found you have a better chance at clearer skin if you take special care of it. Acne affects so many people, and it often makes them feel overly self-conscious. Below I have compiled a few of my favorite DIY beauty tips for people dealing with acne, beauty tips that will help control the acne on a day to day basis.
Acne Beauty Tips
1. Always remove your makeup before bed time. It doesn’t matter how tired you are you never want to allow the makeup to sink into your pores over night. When I get home I take a makeup cleansing cloth and remove my makeup than I follow up with my favorite cleanser and warm water to remove every last bit off my face. You’ll head to bed feeling refreshed and wake up feeling the same way.
2. Clean your makeup brushes weekly. If you’re like me you’re using makeup brushes to apply foundation, bronzer, blush and more. The amount of product that sits on those brushes collecting bacteria is horrible for your face. Every Sunday evening I take a cup of warm water and baby shampoo and deep clean my brushes. Lay out to dry over night and enjoy fresh, clean brushes the next morning.
3. Wipe your Smartphone down with a wet wipe. We’re on our cell phones daily and the germs that are spread from your fingers, hands and face can wind up right back on your face causing skin irritation. Every time I use my phone I take a wet wipe and clean it before placing back in my purse or pocket.
4. Drink Water daily. This step is so important. People don’t realize how good water is for keeping you hydrated. By consuming water daily you are keeping your system flushed and your skin hydrated. When you skip out on the water your skin will become severely dried out causing more acne prone outbreaks.
Another way to hydrate your skin is to apply moisturizing masks.
Homemade Face Mask With Lemon And Olive Oil
The use of Olive Oil is so fantastic for your skin, you’ll feel like you just spent the day at the spa. Once a week I love to apply this Homemade Olive Oil Lemon Beauty Mask that makes my skin look refreshed and brighter after every use. This is so easy to whip up and I’m sure you already have the products on hand.
Homemade Olive Oil Lemon Beauty Mask
What you need:
- Fresh Lemon
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
Grab a small mixing bowl and pour in your olive oil.
Cut your lemon in half and squeeze the juice from both sides into your olive oil.
Using a spoon be sure to pull out all the pulp seeds that ended up in the bottom than stir the mixture together. Throw your hair back so it’s out of your face and rub the olive oil mask all over your face.
Leave on for 5 minutes and rinse off with warm water.
Your skin will feel instantly hydrated! Enjoy.
- Finding Your Friends on Instagram - May 3, 2022
- Magic Mosaic Easter Egg Coloring - Mar 5, 2022
- 11 Recipes For National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day - Feb 24, 2022
- Our Favorite Things – 2021 Edition (Holiday Gift Guide and Giveaways!) - Nov 15, 2021
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe - Sep 2, 2021
- Essential Camera Gear For Beginning Photographers - Aug 31, 2021
- Low Light Photography Tips for the Holidays - Nov 11, 2020
- DIY 30-Minute Thanksgiving Tree - Nov 8, 2020
- The Spanish Princess Part 2 Is Coming - Oct 8, 2020
- Fabric Pumpkins – DIY in 15 Minutes - Sep 9, 2020
- Jack-O-Lantern Marshmallow Pops - Sep 7, 2020
- DIY Mini Herb Garden - Aug 30, 2020
- Step by Step Plan to Drive Traffic to A New Blog - Aug 30, 2020
- Six Tips to Reduce Stress In Your Life - Aug 30, 2020
- How To Take A Food Photo From Good To Great - Aug 30, 2020