This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I’m loving my new magnetic cookie sheet advent calendar, and it was so easy to make! When I spotted magnetic tins in my local dollar store, I knew they would be perfect for a DIY Advent Calendar. The tins I found were in packs of two and measured 2.5 inches across. They fit perfectly on an 11” x 17” cookie sheet I already had at home.
Magnetic Cookie Sheet Advent Calendar
Magnetic Cookie Sheet Advent Calendar Supplies:
- Cookie Sheet
- Green Spray Paint
- 2 Sheets of White Cardstock
- Printable Numbers
- Colorful Cardstock (To Fit Your Decor)
- Glue Stick
- 24 Magnetic Tins
- Power Drill With Bit That Is Safe For Metal
How to Make an Advent Calendar with a Cookie Sheet and Tins
I started by drilling a hole on either side of the top edge of the cookie sheet so I could add ribbon for hanging.
After scrubbing down the cold cookie sheet, I gave it a few coats of hunter green spray paint that I picked to match the plaid cardstock I planned to use. This is where you can get really creative – if you use non-traditional colors in your holiday decorating, you can carry them over to your advent calendar!
Cut circles out of colorful cardstock to match the size of your tins. You can speed this process up by using a digital cutter or paper punch, but cutting by hand works, too! Attach the cardstock to your tins using a gluestick. (I found the gluestick worked well, but if you discover it is not adhering, you can substitute hot glue.)
Print out our advent calendar printable on white cardstock and cut out each number. Attach the numbers to the front of each tin. You can grab the printable here:[embed_popupally_pro popup_id=”3″]
Thread ribbon through the holes in the top of your cookie sheet and your advent calendar is ready to hang!
Fill the tins with candy, small toys, little notes, and more – the sky is the limit! Then prepare to count down each day in December until Christmas is finally here!
- This Is Why You Aren’t Picked For Sponsored Influencer Campaigns - Apr 15, 2021
- Step Up Your Sandwich Game With These Grilled Cheese Recipes - Apr 9, 2021
- It’s National Something On A Stick Day And We’re Celebrating! - Mar 31, 2021
- Cookie Cup Nests - Mar 29, 2021
- Twitter Party Alert! Hero Elementary - Mar 29, 2021
- Twitter Party Alert! California Psychics - Mar 25, 2021
- Chocolate Piñata Easter Eggs - Mar 22, 2021
- St. Patrick’s Day Pot Of Gold Wreath - Mar 13, 2021
- Celebrate Pi Day With These Delicious Pie Recipes - Mar 10, 2021
- Tips and Tricks For Creating Great In-Store Images - Mar 4, 2021
- Rosé Gummy Bears - Feb 9, 2021
- Mini Crescent Roll King Cakes - Feb 5, 2021
- Easy Valentine’s Day Artwork - Feb 3, 2021
- Valentine’s Day Rice Krispie Treat Pops - Feb 1, 2021
- Homemade Boozy Gummy Bears For Gifts - Dec 18, 2020