All kids dream of being a superhero. To be honest, I am pretty obsessed with all the comic book movies that have been coming out the past couple years. Thor, Wonder Woman, Superman, and Batman have all been fun action packed movies our whole family has enjoyed. Last year my son requested a superhero theme for his bedroom, and we have gradually been transforming it into something amazing. He loves to sit and read at night, so I thought this Batman Jar Light would be the perfect addition to his superhero bedroom.
Batman Jar Light
One of the best things about this batman jar light is that the bat symbol lights up and glows just like the real Bat-Signal. The light flickers through the yellow paint and the Bat-Signal shines bright.
Batman Jar Light Materials:
- Yellow Spray Paint
- Glass Jar
- Bat-Signal Cutout or Sticker (I just printed one off the internet)
- Modge Podge
- Black paint
- Glue gun
- Battery-Operated Tea Light (I got mine from the dollar store)
- Batman Figure (optional)
Batman Jar Light Video Tutorial
How To Make A Batman Jar Light
To get started, use modge podge to gently coat the Bat-Signal cut-out. Stick it to the inside of the jar, and let it dry. The modge podge dries clear, so don’t worry if you get a little messy.
Next, spray paint the glass jar with yellow paint. I found that after the first coat it was a little bit light, so I sprayed a second coat. If you want your nightlight brighter you can do just one coat of paint.
While you are busy painting and spraying, go ahead and paint the metal lid black as well.
I had an old batman figure from a Happy Meal which I sprayed black and glued to the top of the lid for some added flair.
Once your paint is dry you can add your tea light inside the jar.
My son pointed out that you could make a mason jar light with any super hero graphic. While batman is notorious for having the Bat-Signal fly high over Gotham, a glowing Thor hammer or Superman symbol would be equally cool, all you would need to do is switch up your paint colors.
For more super hero fun, check out our super hero party ideas and printables!
- Instagram Secrets You Need In 2019 - May 20, 2019
- Ham & Cheese Hand Pies - May 13, 2019
- Mermaid Garden - May 9, 2019
- The Best Pool and Beach Accessories For This Summer - Apr 24, 2019
- The Ultimate Trash Bash Garbage Truck Party - Mar 29, 2019
- Birdseed Eggs to Make For Spring - Mar 20, 2019
- Spring Paper Napkin Butterflies - Mar 13, 2019
- How to Schedule Facebook Posts And Save Time For Free - Mar 11, 2019
- Homemade Baileys Irish Cream - Mar 4, 2019
- 10 Educational Books For Kids That Are Fun To Read - Feb 25, 2019
- 10 of the Best Day Planners to Keep You On Track - Feb 13, 2019
- 30+ of the Best Chocolate Recipes - Feb 7, 2019
- Staging Staples: The Best Items for the Best Pictures - Jan 31, 2019
- 4 DIY Valentine Mailboxes - Jan 21, 2019
- Printable Tic Tac Toe Valentines - Jan 17, 2019