This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The one beauty product I use on a daily basis is a moisturizing lip balm. Whether I’m heading out to work, a play date with my kids, or a date night with my husband, I always have lip balm on hand. The weather can really dry out your lips and make them appear rough and chapped, and that’s not a glamorous look. One of my biggest DIY beauty tips is to make your own lip balm. It’s so easy to make, you’ll be whipping it up over and over again.
I especially love making my own Homemade Lip Balm because I know exactly what’s in it, and I can chose any essential oils I wish to add in for added beauty benefits.
Lip Beauty Care Homemade Natural Lip Balm
What you need:
- 3 Tbsp Grated Beeswax
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Tsp Raw Unrefined Honey
- Clear Lip balm Tubes (Purchase here)
- Double Boiler
- Plastic Doppler (Optional)
- Hand Grater
Grab your double boiler and fill the bottom portion up with water and place on the stove over high heat. Once the water starts to boil place the top portion of the double boiler on. While you’re waiting for the water to boil grab a hand grater and start grating your beeswax.
Pour in your grated beeswax, coconut oil and honey and allow it to melt together before stirring. Once it starts to melt carefully give it a quick stir and as soon as it’s completely melted remove from the heat. Grab your clear lip balm tubes and stand them upright on a flat surface.
Use your plastic Doppler to squeeze in the liquid lip balm mixture, and carefully pour it into your lip balm tubes. Depending what portion of the mixture you get, it can come out completely white or can have a little honey mixed throughout which is my personal favorite. Once the liquid is placed in the tubes allow them to dry for about 10 minutes before moving them or placing the cap on them.
Once the liquid has harden they are ready to use. Just apply to your lips and enjoy the moisturizing effects!
- Finding Your Friends on Instagram - May 3, 2022
- Magic Mosaic Easter Egg Coloring - Mar 5, 2022
- 11 Recipes For National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day - Feb 24, 2022
- Our Favorite Things – 2021 Edition (Holiday Gift Guide and Giveaways!) - Nov 15, 2021
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe - Sep 2, 2021
- Essential Camera Gear For Beginning Photographers - Aug 31, 2021
- Low Light Photography Tips for the Holidays - Nov 11, 2020
- DIY 30-Minute Thanksgiving Tree - Nov 8, 2020
- The Spanish Princess Part 2 Is Coming - Oct 8, 2020
- Fabric Pumpkins – DIY in 15 Minutes - Sep 9, 2020
- Jack-O-Lantern Marshmallow Pops - Sep 7, 2020
- DIY Mini Herb Garden - Aug 30, 2020
- Step by Step Plan to Drive Traffic to A New Blog - Aug 30, 2020
- Six Tips to Reduce Stress In Your Life - Aug 30, 2020
- How To Take A Food Photo From Good To Great - Aug 30, 2020