This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Happy Spring! When spring comes around, that means it’s time to get outside and enjoy the beautiful weather. It’s like the earth awakens and you can hear all the birds singing, and see all the beautiful flowers come alive. I love the first few weeks of spring because they’re wonderful! This year we decided to make birdseed eggs using leftover plastic eggs from Easter. It is an easy DIY that the kids enjoyed too!
I don’t know about you, but we have an entire bin of plastic Easter eggs at our house. I am always looking for other ways we can use them. With a couple of household ingredients you can have some beautiful birdseed eggs to decorate your trees, and feed all those hungry birds!
The first thing you need to do is to prep the gelatin. So, follow the instructions on the packet and combine the gelatin jacket with the specified amount of hot water. Next, mix the gelatin water mixture with 6 cups of birdseed. Working quickly, stir so that the gelatin is evenly dispersed.
Then, gently pack the mixture into both ends of the plastic eggs. Don’t pack it too much because otherwise the egg won’t dry completely through, and the mixture might crumble. Next, gently close the eggs, and set them aside to let the gelatin harden overnight.
The next morning you should be able to carefully open the egg and have a beautiful birdseed egg! Then, wrap some twine around it and set it out to hang! Watch as the birds flock and gently eat away at the eggs.
Looking for more fun spring crafts and activities? These Spring Paper Napkin Butterflies are also a wonderful way to get to crafting with your family, and they only use a few materials.
- Easy Easter Cookies Decorated 4 Ways - Mar 8, 2021
- DIY Spring Wreath - Mar 1, 2021
- How To Make An Easter Basket With Newspaper - Feb 23, 2021
- Birdseed Eggs to Make For Spring - Feb 20, 2021
- Strawberry Rose Bouquet - Feb 8, 2021
- DIY Chocolate Kiss Flowers - Feb 4, 2021
- 4 DIY Valentine Mailboxes - Jan 21, 2021
- DIY Confetti Poppers - Dec 28, 2020
- Christmas Card Photo Idea: DIY Christmas Tree Stand - Nov 6, 2020
- Cranberry Champagne Cocktail - Nov 2, 2020
- 15 Thanksgiving Side Dishes - Nov 1, 2020
- Whoville Christmas Trees - Oct 30, 2020
- Mesh Poinsettia Christmas Decor - Oct 26, 2020
- Pineapple DIY Costume: Halloween Tutorial - Oct 19, 2020
- Jurassic Park Dinosaur Costume for Halloween - Oct 16, 2020