This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you.
Happy Spring! When spring comes around, that means it’s time to get outside and enjoy the beautiful weather. It’s like the earth awakens and you can hear all the birds singing, and see all the beautiful flowers come alive. I love the first few weeks of spring because they’re wonderful! This year we decided to make birdseed eggs using leftover plastic eggs from Easter. It is an easy DIY that the kids enjoyed too!
I don’t know about you, but we have an entire bin of plastic Easter eggs at our house. I am always looking for other ways we can use them. With a couple of household ingredients you can have some beautiful birdseed eggs to decorate your trees, and feed all those hungry birds!
The first thing you need to do is to prep the gelatin. So, follow the instructions on the packet and combine the gelatin jacket with the specified amount of hot water. Next, mix the gelatin water mixture with 6 cups of birdseed. Working quickly, stir so that the gelatin is evenly dispersed.
Then, gently pack the mixture into both ends of the plastic eggs. Don’t pack it too much because otherwise the egg won’t dry completely through, and the mixture might crumble. Next, gently close the eggs, and set them aside to let the gelatin harden overnight.
The next morning you should be able to carefully open the egg and have a beautiful birdseed egg! Then, wrap some twine around it and set it out to hang! Watch as the birds flock and gently eat away at the eggs.
Looking for more fun spring crafts and activities? These Spring Paper Napkin Butterflies are also a wonderful way to get to crafting with your family, and they only use a few materials.
- We Didn’t Know We Needed Giant Tortoises In Our Yard Until Now - Jul 14, 2019
- The Cooling Bowl That Keeps Your Dog’s Water Cool All Summer! - Jul 14, 2019
- Dill Pickle Ice Pops? Is this a good idea? - Jul 14, 2019
- The Accessories You Didn’t Know You Needed For Your Backyard Chickens - Jul 14, 2019
- This DIY Tiny House Kit Comes Right To Your House! - Jul 9, 2019
- 3rd Grade Books For Summer Reading - Jun 28, 2019
- 2nd Grade Books For Summer Reading - Jun 28, 2019
- 1st Grade Books For Summer Reading - Jun 28, 2019
- Kindergarten Books For Summer Reading - Jun 28, 2019
- DIY Patriotic Clothespin Wreath - Jun 6, 2019
- 1950s Retro Sock Hop Party Ideas - Jun 5, 2019
- Instagram Secrets You Need In 2019 - May 20, 2019
- Ham & Cheese Hand Pies - May 13, 2019
- Mermaid Garden - May 9, 2019
- The Best Pool and Beach Accessories For This Summer - Apr 24, 2019