Holidays are my favorite times to take fun portraits of my kids. This year I decided to make bunny ears for my kids to wear during Easter portraits. I used leftover things from other craft projects to create a bunny ears headband. After they were completed, I thought they kind of looked like a fun Snapchat filter.
DIY Bunny Ears Headband
(*this post contains affiliate links)
How To Make A Bunny Ears Headband
I played with the wire until I got a shape I was satisfied with, and then I made another to match. You can make your ears however long you like. I made mine shorter since I was making them for my daughter.
For the back side of the ears, I cut a rough shape out of my felt and glued it to the wire. I folded the excess felt inwards around the wire to give it extra strength. On the front part of the ear I did the same thing, but made sure my cut was precise. The felt for the front of the ears should be almost the exact size of the ear. Then I glued it to the front. I cut small leaf looking shapes out of pink and attached them to the front as well.
We had a plain white headband which is what I used for the base. I wrapped the extra wire around the headband and then secured it with hot glue. The next step is to embellish.
I used a variety of flowers to create a kind of crown around the base of the ears. It will cover the wires if you were a bit messy when you attached them to the headband. You can use flowers that are all the same color or variety. I like a variety of flowers, it makes it feel like they were gathered in a field.
My daughter was thrilled with the ears! She said she feels like a bunny princess. I scored some major mom points! The best part is, you can customize the bunny ears however you like. In place of flowers you could put a crown, or stars, or maybe a bow! The options are endless.
- Spooky Spider Eggs - Oct 12, 2017
- Apple Cupcakes - Oct 6, 2017
- Giant Spider Web Halloween Decoration - Oct 2, 2017
- Princess And The Pea Costume - Sep 25, 2017
- Milk Jug Ghosts - Sep 21, 2017
- Haunted Hallway Spooky Glowing Masks - Sep 14, 2017
- DIY PVC Pipe Car Wash Sprinkler - Sep 13, 2017
- Ribbon Chandeliers - Sep 5, 2017
- Mickey And The Roadster Racers Party Behind the Scenes - Aug 31, 2017
- The Ultimate Mickey Party With Mickey And The Roadster Racers - Aug 31, 2017