This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Holidays are my favorite times to take fun portraits of my kids. This year I decided to make bunny ears for my kids to wear during Easter portraits. I used leftover things from other craft projects to create a bunny ears headband. After they were completed, I thought they kind of looked like a fun Snapchat filter.
DIY Bunny Ears Headband
(*this post contains affiliate links)
How To Make A Bunny Ears Headband
I played with the wire until I got a shape I was satisfied with, and then I made another to match. You can make your ears however long you like. I made mine shorter since I was making them for my daughter.
For the back side of the ears, I cut a rough shape out of my felt and glued it to the wire. I folded the excess felt inwards around the wire to give it extra strength. On the front part of the ear I did the same thing, but made sure my cut was precise. The felt for the front of the ears should be almost the exact size of the ear. Then I glued it to the front. I cut small leaf looking shapes out of pink and attached them to the front as well.
We had a plain white headband which is what I used for the base. I wrapped the extra wire around the headband and then secured it with hot glue. The next step is to embellish.
I used a variety of flowers to create a kind of crown around the base of the ears. It will cover the wires if you were a bit messy when you attached them to the headband. You can use flowers that are all the same color or variety. I like a variety of flowers, it makes it feel like they were gathered in a field.
My daughter was thrilled with the ears! She said she feels like a bunny princess. I scored some major mom points! The best part is, you can customize the bunny ears however you like. In place of flowers you could put a crown, or stars, or maybe a bow! The options are endless.
- Christmas Card Photo Idea: DIY Christmas Tree Stand - Nov 6, 2020
- Cranberry Champagne Cocktail - Nov 2, 2020
- 15 Thanksgiving Side Dishes - Nov 1, 2020
- Whoville Christmas Trees - Oct 30, 2020
- Mesh Poinsettia Christmas Decor - Oct 26, 2020
- Pineapple DIY Costume: Halloween Tutorial - Oct 19, 2020
- Jurassic Park Dinosaur Costume for Halloween - Oct 16, 2020
- Giant Spider Web Halloween Decoration - Oct 13, 2020
- Halloween DIY Graveyard Lanterns - Oct 1, 2020
- DIY Landspeeder For Luke Skywalker Costume - Sep 30, 2020
- Spooky Spider Eggs - Sep 29, 2020
- Fred And Wilma Flintstone Costume DIY - Sep 28, 2020
- DIY Glow In The Dark Floating Ghosts - Sep 24, 2020
- The Greatest Showman Circus Inspired Costumes - Sep 23, 2020
- Grease Lightning Costume - Sep 22, 2020