This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Holidays are my favorite times to take fun portraits of my kids. This year I decided to make bunny ears for my kids to wear during Easter portraits. I used leftover things from other craft projects to create a bunny ears headband. After they were completed, I thought they kind of looked like a fun Snapchat filter.
DIY Bunny Ears Headband
(*this post contains affiliate links)
How To Make A Bunny Ears Headband
I played with the wire until I got a shape I was satisfied with, and then I made another to match. You can make your ears however long you like. I made mine shorter since I was making them for my daughter.
For the back side of the ears, I cut a rough shape out of my felt and glued it to the wire. I folded the excess felt inwards around the wire to give it extra strength. On the front part of the ear I did the same thing, but made sure my cut was precise. The felt for the front of the ears should be almost the exact size of the ear. Then I glued it to the front. I cut small leaf looking shapes out of pink and attached them to the front as well.
We had a plain white headband which is what I used for the base. I wrapped the extra wire around the headband and then secured it with hot glue. The next step is to embellish.
I used a variety of flowers to create a kind of crown around the base of the ears. It will cover the wires if you were a bit messy when you attached them to the headband. You can use flowers that are all the same color or variety. I like a variety of flowers, it makes it feel like they were gathered in a field.
My daughter was thrilled with the ears! She said she feels like a bunny princess. I scored some major mom points! The best part is, you can customize the bunny ears however you like. In place of flowers you could put a crown, or stars, or maybe a bow! The options are endless.
- 4 DIY Valentine Mailboxes - Jan 21, 2022
- Woven Heart Valentine - Jan 6, 2022
- Elf On The Shelf Printables - Dec 1, 2021
- Spooky Skull Cakes - Oct 22, 2021
- Trash Bag Spider Webs - Oct 12, 2021
- DIY Glow In The Dark Floating Ghosts - Oct 5, 2021
- Flaming Skull Torches - Sep 6, 2021
- 30+ Awesome Homemade Halloween Costumes - Sep 5, 2021
- Easy Easter Cookies Decorated 4 Ways - Mar 8, 2021
- DIY Spring Wreath - Mar 1, 2021
- How To Make An Easter Basket With Newspaper - Feb 23, 2021
- Birdseed Eggs to Make For Spring - Feb 20, 2021
- Strawberry Rose Bouquet - Feb 8, 2021
- DIY Chocolate Kiss Flowers - Feb 4, 2021
- DIY Confetti Poppers - Dec 28, 2020