This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
1. Collect your butterfly art materials
What you’ll need:
A piece of canvas (any size)
I’m not gonna fool ya…I didn’t have any of those items. I’m also not a bargain shopper. I paid full price (those butterfly die cuts are expensive!) and spent about $40 total for each of my daughters. I reminded myself that this was about them getting creative and putting work into something they could be proud of, but I hoped the result was going to be worth hanging on the wall!
2. Paint your butterfly art canvas
The girls loved painting on an actual canvas! They didn’t paint the edges of because I thought it might get too messy. In retrospect, the ones that are painted all around sure are pretty.
3. Cut your butterflies.
4. Glue your butterflies.
We got busy gluing them every which way on the canvases. We bent the butterflies slightly in half so that their wings look like they’re lifting off the canvas and then dabbed a bit of Elmer’s glue on their bodies.
The end product…two beautiful pieces of butterfly art. Two proud daughters. And one messy kitchen.
Was it worth the 40 bucks?
Absolutely. (but I bet you could find ways to save on this).
It also made me want to go see if I could find die cuts for a boy…like cars or dinosaurs or bumblebees. I bet my little guy would love to have a turn at this.
- Finding Your Friends on Instagram - May 3, 2022
- Magic Mosaic Easter Egg Coloring - Mar 5, 2022
- 11 Recipes For National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day - Feb 24, 2022
- Our Favorite Things – 2021 Edition (Holiday Gift Guide and Giveaways!) - Nov 15, 2021
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe - Sep 2, 2021
- Essential Camera Gear For Beginning Photographers - Aug 31, 2021
- Low Light Photography Tips for the Holidays - Nov 11, 2020
- DIY 30-Minute Thanksgiving Tree - Nov 8, 2020
- The Spanish Princess Part 2 Is Coming - Oct 8, 2020
- Fabric Pumpkins – DIY in 15 Minutes - Sep 9, 2020
- Jack-O-Lantern Marshmallow Pops - Sep 7, 2020
- DIY Mini Herb Garden - Aug 30, 2020
- Step by Step Plan to Drive Traffic to A New Blog - Aug 30, 2020
- Six Tips to Reduce Stress In Your Life - Aug 30, 2020
- How To Take A Food Photo From Good To Great - Aug 30, 2020