Christmas is my favorite season. Not because of the presents, but because of the DECOR! I love to decorate my house for Christmas. Ideally my front porch would look like Santa’s Workshop, however my wallet says that will not be happening anytime soon. I’m always on the lookout for ways to make my own Christmas decor without breaking my budget. These DIY Cinder Block Presents cost just under $3 to make, and you could easily make a dozen to line your yard or walkway.
Cinder Block Present Christmas Porch Decor
Tip: These square cinder blocks can be found at Home Depot or any other home store. They cost ONLY a $1.39!
Cinder Block Present Materials (note: this post contains affiliate links):
- Square Cinder Blocks
- Painter’s Tape
- 2 Colors of Spray Paint
- Oversized Bow
How To Make Cinder Block Presents
Step 1: Spray the sides with the color bow you are going to use for your present. You do not need to spray in a perfectly straight line. Spray it so it is about 5 inches wide. Once it has dried (about 5 minutes) spray a second coat of this color. You will straighten up the lines in the next step.
Step 2: Use your painter’s tape, and tape one section straight down on top of the line you just sprayed. Then you will tape on the right and left side of the tape. Repeat this on every side. Try to make these lines as tight and straight as possible. Press down the sides so that it is totally sealed.
Step 3: Spray the entire block (spray over the tape, too!) in your other color of spray paint (I chose silver). Wait for it to dry and then spray a second coat. Let this coat dry and then carefully remove the tape.
Step 4: Add a fun festive oversized bow to the top! I used a hot glue gun, but you could use super glue as well. I tied the green bow myself using wire ribbon, and purchased the red one at the Dollar Store.
These cinder block presents are the best porch decor because they hold up in the weather. If you are worried about the bows getting wet you can always place them on top without gluing them, and take them off if there is a storm.
Get creative with the colors. You can make your presents and bows any colors you like!
- Ham & Cheese Hand Pies - May 13, 2019
- Mermaid Garden - May 9, 2019
- The Best Pool and Beach Accessories For This Summer - Apr 24, 2019
- The Ultimate Trash Bash Garbage Truck Party - Mar 29, 2019
- Birdseed Eggs to Make For Spring - Mar 20, 2019
- Spring Paper Napkin Butterflies - Mar 13, 2019
- How to Schedule Facebook Posts And Save Time For Free - Mar 11, 2019
- Homemade Baileys Irish Cream - Mar 4, 2019
- 10 Educational Books For Kids That Are Fun To Read - Feb 25, 2019
- 10 of the Best Day Planners to Keep You On Track - Feb 13, 2019
- 30+ of the Best Chocolate Recipes - Feb 7, 2019
- Staging Staples: The Best Items for the Best Pictures - Jan 31, 2019
- 4 DIY Valentine Mailboxes - Jan 21, 2019
- Printable Tic Tac Toe Valentines - Jan 17, 2019
- Lollipop Bouquet - Jan 16, 2019