This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you.
It’s amazing how many self-care products you can make or replace with coconut oil; it is one of my favorite DIY beauty tips. I figure, with all of the health benefits it has to offer, why not use it wherever I can, right? You can make deodorant, diaper cream, vapor rub, shaving cream, cuticle ointment, toothpaste…I mean, the list goes on and on. You can also use coconut oil as a luxurious, moisturizing addition to an invigorating scrub.
DIY Coconut Oil Salt Scrub With Rosemary And Mint
I was originally thinking about making a foot scrub when I decided to use rosemary and peppermint, but during my test run, I ended up using it on my legs and elbows, too! It was too fabulous to limit it to just feet! The best part is, it’s quick to make and you can use it right away.
- 1 c sea salt
- 1/3 c coconut oil
- 1-2 tsp peppermint extract or 5-10 drops oil
- 5-10 drops rosemary
- 1/4 c jojoba oil (or any other oil you have on hand-sweet almond oil, vitamin e, olive)
- dried and chopped mint and rosemary (if you only have fresh herbs, dry them in the microwave for 30 seconds between paper towels)
With your salt in a bowl, add all of the other ingredients, setting aside half of your jojoba oil. Mix until everything is incorporated. I find it’s easiest to mix with my hands, and the bonus is your hands will feel awesome when you’re done. You want all the salt to be covered with oil but not sloppy or wet. Add more jojoba oil as needed.
Store in an airtight container and happy scrubbing!
- 10 Ways to Grow Your Email List - Feb 2, 2018
- Almond Chocolate Pinwheel Cookies - Mar 13, 2015
- Easy St. Patrick’s Day T-Shirt DIY - Mar 6, 2015
- 10 Food-Free Printable Valentines - Feb 13, 2015
- Peek-A-Boo Ribbon Valentine - Feb 6, 2015
- DIY Coconut Vanilla Lip Balm - Jan 23, 2015
- DIY Coconut Oil Salt Scrub With Rosemary And Mint - Jan 16, 2015
- Oil Pulling (Yes You Should!) - Jan 9, 2015
- The Perfect DIY Gift: Handmade Soap - Dec 26, 2014
- DIY Gift Bags - Dec 21, 2014
- DIY Decorated Bobby Pins: Great Last-Minute Gift Idea - Dec 19, 2014
- DIY Envelope Embossing - Dec 12, 2014
- DIY Christmas Wreath - Dec 5, 2014
- Christmas Countdown Printable - Dec 1, 2014
- DIY Holiday Stamp - Nov 21, 2014