This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
It’s amazing how many self-care products you can make or replace with coconut oil; it is one of my favorite DIY beauty tips. I figure, with all of the health benefits it has to offer, why not use it wherever I can, right? You can make deodorant, diaper cream, vapor rub, shaving cream, cuticle ointment, toothpaste…I mean, the list goes on and on. You can also use coconut oil as a luxurious, moisturizing addition to an invigorating scrub.
DIY Coconut Oil Salt Scrub With Rosemary And Mint
I was originally thinking about making a foot scrub when I decided to use rosemary and peppermint, but during my test run, I ended up using it on my legs and elbows, too! It was too fabulous to limit it to just feet! The best part is, it’s quick to make and you can use it right away.
- 1 c sea salt
- 1/3 c coconut oil
- 1-2 tsp peppermint extract or 5-10 drops oil
- 5-10 drops rosemary
- 1/4 c jojoba oil (or any other oil you have on hand-sweet almond oil, vitamin e, olive)
- dried and chopped mint and rosemary (if you only have fresh herbs, dry them in the microwave for 30 seconds between paper towels)
With your salt in a bowl, add all of the other ingredients, setting aside half of your jojoba oil. Mix until everything is incorporated. I find it’s easiest to mix with my hands, and the bonus is your hands will feel awesome when you’re done. You want all the salt to be covered with oil but not sloppy or wet. Add more jojoba oil as needed.
Store in an airtight container and happy scrubbing!
- Essential Camera Gear For Beginning Photographers - Aug 12, 2022
- Finding Your Friends on Instagram - May 3, 2022
- Magic Mosaic Easter Egg Coloring - Mar 5, 2022
- 11 Recipes For National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day - Feb 24, 2022
- Our Favorite Things – 2021 Edition (Holiday Gift Guide and Giveaways!) - Nov 15, 2021
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe - Sep 2, 2021
- Low Light Photography Tips for the Holidays - Nov 11, 2020
- DIY 30-Minute Thanksgiving Tree - Nov 8, 2020
- The Spanish Princess Part 2 Is Coming - Oct 8, 2020
- Fabric Pumpkins – DIY in 15 Minutes - Sep 9, 2020
- Jack-O-Lantern Marshmallow Pops - Sep 7, 2020
- DIY Mini Herb Garden - Aug 30, 2020
- Step by Step Plan to Drive Traffic to A New Blog - Aug 30, 2020
- Six Tips to Reduce Stress In Your Life - Aug 30, 2020
- How To Take A Food Photo From Good To Great - Aug 30, 2020