This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
It’s time to start getting those gifts together, making sure you haven’t forgotten anyone on your list. Here’s a little DIY gift that’s quick, easy, and inexpensive- decorated bobby pins!
DIY Decorated Bobby Pins
You’ll need to get your supplies together first. You’ll need bobby pins, hot glue gun/glue, nail polish, pencil, scissors, and birch plywood sheets (available at your local craft store – I used a coupon and the plywood ended up being less than $5).
Draw your designs on the birch sheet with your pencil. You can draw something Christmas-themed or even just a simple shape, but remember you’ll be cutting these out of wood, so save the intricate designs for after you’ve practiced a few times.
Once they’re drawn, it’s time to cut them out.
Now that your shapes are cut out, use the nail polish to paint them.
You could use another permanent paint option, but nail polish dries with such a beautiful shine and comes in so many colors, plus, you’re likely to have some great colors on hand! A single coat will do you in most cases, but if you need a second coat, slap it on there! Remember to paint the edges- even though they’re tiny, they’re visible.
Once your paint is dry, it’s time to mount the shapes on the bobby pins.
With a little dab of hot glue, stick the shape onto the pin, and that’s it! Now they’re ready to gift or wear.
In order to gift the pins, you can slide them onto a piece of cardstock/recycled Christmas card or onto another piece of the birch.
The birch sheets are thin enough that you can use a hand-held hole punch to make a hole to fasten the pins through.
I punched a few holes in the birch, (used the punched holes to make a holly berries bobby pin!), attached a small piece of pine needles with a decorative bow, and slid the pins on!
Wasn’t that easy? They make a great last-minute gift.
- Finding Your Friends on Instagram - May 3, 2022
- Magic Mosaic Easter Egg Coloring - Mar 5, 2022
- 11 Recipes For National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day - Feb 24, 2022
- Our Favorite Things – 2021 Edition (Holiday Gift Guide and Giveaways!) - Nov 15, 2021
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe - Sep 2, 2021
- Essential Camera Gear For Beginning Photographers - Aug 31, 2021
- Low Light Photography Tips for the Holidays - Nov 11, 2020
- DIY 30-Minute Thanksgiving Tree - Nov 8, 2020
- The Spanish Princess Part 2 Is Coming - Oct 8, 2020
- Fabric Pumpkins – DIY in 15 Minutes - Sep 9, 2020
- Jack-O-Lantern Marshmallow Pops - Sep 7, 2020
- DIY Mini Herb Garden - Aug 30, 2020
- Step by Step Plan to Drive Traffic to A New Blog - Aug 30, 2020
- Six Tips to Reduce Stress In Your Life - Aug 30, 2020
- How To Take A Food Photo From Good To Great - Aug 30, 2020