This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Are you ready for a new DIY tutorial that is utterly delightful? Read on to discover our step-by-step instructions to create DIY hangers, perfect as we look towards fall and winter!
Every summer, I like to dig into my closets. It’s a great big mess of out-with-the-old and in-with-the-new. I spend a whole day pulling everything out, sorting, making donation piles, dusting, washing, and then putting it all away.
This week, my craft inspiration hit me when I tackled our coat closet. It’s a tight little space next to our front door that serves both the purpose of holding our coats, and also the coats of guests. I wanted to make our little coat closet fall and winter ready by adding my own personal touch inside: DIY hangers!
How to Make DIY Hangers
DIY hangers are an easy way to add a small detail that makes a big impact. Wouldn’t it be divine to read a pleasant little greeting while hanging up your coat? I thought it was the perfect little surprise for my family and my guests this fall and winter.
And, guess what? DIY hangers are amazingly simple to create!
- Wooden Hangers: You can find these at any discount store such as Target or Wal Mart. I found mine at Ikea.
- Waterproof Ink: Easily found at any craft shop. I found mine at Hobby Lobby. Make sure that it is waterproof!
- Clear Acrylic Spray: If you cannot find waterproof ink, there is still hope! You can finish your hangers with a coat of clear acrylic spray. I found waterproof ink so I didn’t have to use the spray.
- Rubber Stamps: Rubber stamps that work best for this project are those less than 1 inch tall.
A few examples of sayings you could use for your DIY hangers are:
- Home is where you hang your hat (and coat)
- Hang up your coat and stay a while
- Home sweet home
- Welcome home
- There is no place like home
- Make yourself comfortable
Feeling Inspired? Keep Reading!
We have more DIY tutorials for you.
Get Connected on Pinterest!
We’re having a follow party for Pinterest today! If you’re looking to grow your numbers on Pinterest, then link up your account here. It’s a great way to meet new people to follow and get followed yourself!
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe - Sep 2, 2021
- DIY 30-Minute Thanksgiving Tree - Nov 8, 2020
- Fabric Pumpkins – DIY in 15 Minutes - Sep 9, 2020
- Jack-O-Lantern Marshmallow Pops - Sep 7, 2020
- DIY Hangers: How to Make Wooden Stamped Hangers - Jan 1, 2020
- Chicken Wire Message Board | DIY Message Board - Dec 30, 2019
- Edible Playdough Recipe With Peeps - Mar 30, 2017
- DIY Painted Glass Bottle Vases - Feb 10, 2016
- DIY Hot Cocoa Dunkers: Fun, Easy & Perfect for Kids! - Dec 21, 2015
- DIY Peppermint Soap - Dec 7, 2015
- DIY: Thanksgiving Napkin Rings - Nov 25, 2015
- Homemade Simmering Potpourri For The Holidays - Nov 18, 2015
- DIY Leather Napkin Rings - Nov 15, 2015
- DIY Boot Cuffs - Nov 6, 2015
- Elf On The Shelf Printables - Nov 4, 2015