This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The holiday season is in full swing! Add a little dazzle to your Christmas décor with a DIY coffee filter ruffle tree. It’s the perfect way to give your room a little sophisticated boost and jazz up any area in your home. Fun diy christmas decorations like this ruffle tree are easy to make and are a blast for the kids to help out with.
Not only will this ruffle tree boost up an area in your home but they make for perfect diy christmas gifts.
DIY Christmas Decorations
A DIY coffee filter ruffle tree is easy to make, and doesn’t cost much either! To make your own, gather these easy to find supplies.
You will need:
- A cone form, in either paper mache or styrofoam
- Coffee filters
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
Start by folding about 10 coffee filters in half and cut out the middle. This will leave you with just the outside ruffle edge of the coffee filter. You can discard the middle.
Next, to start your layers, pass one coffee filter ring over your cone form and add glue to secure at the bottom. The edge of the coffee filter and the edge of your cone should match up.
Continue layering and gluing each coffee filter. You can space them as close together or as far apart as you like. I layered mine about ½ inch.
When your cone gets smaller toward the top, you will need to cut your filters to fit so there is no overlap. This can be done with a quick measurement and a snip of the scissors. Continue to glue and stack your coffee filters.
Once you hit the top of the cone form, you can leave it as it is, or add a star. I created my star with a bit of cardstock and glitter. It’s the perfect finishing touch!
A DIY coffee filter ruffle tree is the perfect accent to a corner, fireplace, or mantle. They are a great way to add a bit of charm to a dinner table and are so quick and easy, you could whip up a few for your next Christmas party! Can you imagine the delight of a whole ruffle tree forest?
Feeling Inspired? Keep Reading!
If you enjoyed this post on easy to make DIY Christmas decorations, keep reading. We have more! You can also find holiday inspiration over on our Sleigh Bells Ring Pinterest Board.
- Finding Your Friends on Instagram - May 3, 2022
- Magic Mosaic Easter Egg Coloring - Mar 5, 2022
- 11 Recipes For National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day - Feb 24, 2022
- Our Favorite Things – 2021 Edition (Holiday Gift Guide and Giveaways!) - Nov 15, 2021
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe - Sep 2, 2021
- Essential Camera Gear For Beginning Photographers - Aug 31, 2021
- Low Light Photography Tips for the Holidays - Nov 11, 2020
- DIY 30-Minute Thanksgiving Tree - Nov 8, 2020
- The Spanish Princess Part 2 Is Coming - Oct 8, 2020
- Fabric Pumpkins – DIY in 15 Minutes - Sep 9, 2020
- Jack-O-Lantern Marshmallow Pops - Sep 7, 2020
- DIY Mini Herb Garden - Aug 30, 2020
- Step by Step Plan to Drive Traffic to A New Blog - Aug 30, 2020
- Six Tips to Reduce Stress In Your Life - Aug 30, 2020
- How To Take A Food Photo From Good To Great - Aug 30, 2020