This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I love the little details of the holidays, and the dinner table is no exception. I am always looking for ways to enhance my holiday meals. These DIY Thanksgiving napkin rings add the perfect little touch to each place setting and can be made in any color or pattern to suit your needs!
DIY Thanksgiving Napkin Rings
You won’t need much to make your own DIY napkin rings.
You will need 2 d-rings for each napkin ring. They are easily found in any sewing supply section at your local craft store.
To begin, cut your ribbon in 12 to 18 inch pieces. I wanted a nice long napkin ring because I like the look of the ribbon tail. If you want a shorter ring, opt for the shorter size of ribbon.
Next, thread 2 d-rings through each piece of ribbon and gather at the middle.
Using your sewing machine (or by hand) start at the raw edge and stitch up toward the rings.
Once you get to the rings, turn your ribbon and sew across.
Then, turn your ribbon once again, and sew back down the other side.
Once you are done sewing your DIY napkin ring, cut the raw edge into a dovetail design. You are finished! Repeat these steps for each napkin ring.
To use your DIY napkin rings, follow these easy steps.
Place your napkin ring around your napkin. Place your end (the dovetail) into the d-rings. Split the d-rings open.
Thread the end (the dovetail) through the middle of the opening and into second ring.
Pull your DIY napkin ring tight to gather your napkin inside. You can leave your DIY napkin ring as is, or tuck the tail under the napkin.
DIY napkin rings are an easy way to add a bit of charm to any holiday table. They make great gifts too!
Feeling Inspired? Keep Reading!
- 15 Fall Recipe & DIY Crafts
- DIY Tablecloth: How to Make a Tablecloth From Handkerchiefs
- DIY Coffee Filter Wreath
- Finding Your Friends on Instagram - May 3, 2022
- Magic Mosaic Easter Egg Coloring - Apr 4, 2022
- 11 Recipes For National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day - Feb 24, 2022
- Our Favorite Things – 2021 Edition (Holiday Gift Guide and Giveaways!) - Nov 15, 2021
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe - Sep 2, 2021
- Essential Camera Gear For Beginning Photographers - Aug 31, 2021
- Low Light Photography Tips for the Holidays - Nov 11, 2020
- DIY 30-Minute Thanksgiving Tree - Nov 8, 2020
- The Spanish Princess Part 2 Is Coming - Oct 8, 2020
- Fabric Pumpkins – DIY in 15 Minutes - Sep 9, 2020
- Jack-O-Lantern Marshmallow Pops - Sep 7, 2020
- DIY Mini Herb Garden - Aug 30, 2020
- Step by Step Plan to Drive Traffic to A New Blog - Aug 30, 2020
- Six Tips to Reduce Stress In Your Life - Aug 30, 2020
- How To Take A Food Photo From Good To Great - Aug 30, 2020