This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
With the day of love just around the corner, this Valentine’s Day artwork is a fun and easy craft that is perfect for children and adults alike. It can also create some surprisingly elegant results, even in the hands of the littlest crafters.
Easy Valentine’s Day Artwork
To make your own Valentine’s Day artwork, you’ll need a few supplies.
Valentine’s Day Artwork Supplies:
- Craft Paint
- Heart Stickers
- Mod Podge
How To Make Cute Artwork for Valentine’s Day
There are two methods you can use to create your Valentine’s day artwork:
- You can apply the stickers directly to a blank canvas, and when you remove them you’ll have a white heart.
- You can paint your canvas first, so that when you remove them you’ll have a colorful heart underneath.
Once you decide which method you want to use, you are ready to plan for your stickers.
Tip: when picking out stickers for your artwork, make sure you select ones that are plastic or coated. Paper stickers will not work and are likely to rip when removing them from the canvas.
Place the stickers however you would like directly on top of your blank or pre-painted canvas. Coat the stickers with a layer of Mod Podge and allow the Mod Podge to dry. This keeps your top coat of paint from getting underneath your stickers.
When your Mod Podge has dried, paint over the entire canvas. You can use a solid color, or have some fun and paint any design you would like.
I painted one canvas white and then flicked the edge of a paintbrush dipped in black over the top for a fun splatter paint effect.
I recommend using matte paint for this, as it’s the quickest to dry and is less likely to get sticky/peel off with your stickers. If you want a glossy finish, just add a gloss sealer to the top of your finished artwork.
Allow your top coat of paint to dry, then carefully peel off the stickers. A straight pin can help you lift up the edges of the heart stickers from the canvas to assist in removal.
Although you should allow the top coat of paint to dry, don’t wait too long to remove the stickers. The longer you wait, the better chance you’ll have of more paint peeling off than you wanted.
Now the only thing left to do is admire your brand new artwork and figure out where to put it on display!
For more Valentine’s Day fun, check out our Valentine’s Day Rice Krispy Treat Pops!
- Twelve Things You Need When Packing For Your Next Trip - Jun 24, 2021
- Complete Your Own DIY Blog And Social Media Audit - Jun 16, 2021
- Behind The Scenes Look At What It Means When You Grant Advertising Access For Your Sponsored Content - Jun 2, 2021
- Celebrate Chocolate Chip Day With These Delicious Recipes - May 13, 2021
- Strawberry Lemonade Checkerboard Cake - Apr 22, 2021
- This Is Why You Aren’t Picked For Sponsored Influencer Campaigns - Apr 15, 2021
- Step Up Your Sandwich Game With These Grilled Cheese Recipes - Apr 9, 2021
- It’s National Something On A Stick Day And We’re Celebrating! - Mar 31, 2021
- Cookie Cup Nests - Mar 29, 2021
- Twitter Party Alert! Hero Elementary - Mar 29, 2021
- Twitter Party Alert! California Psychics - Mar 25, 2021
- Chocolate Piñata Easter Eggs - Mar 22, 2021
- St. Patrick’s Day Pot Of Gold Wreath - Mar 13, 2021
- Celebrate Pi Day With These Delicious Pie Recipes - Mar 10, 2021
- Tips and Tricks For Creating Great In-Store Images - Mar 4, 2021