This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
We are on the cusp of spring, and Easter awaits ready to pounce just around the corner! My favorite candy comes pastel colored and bunny shaped. I am such a sucker for anything resembling a bunny or a chick, especially marshmallow Peeps! I know your mother told you never to play with your food, but being a mother myself, I had to make an exception for this edible playdough recipe! Peeps Playdough is a fun, multi-sensory experience and only requires 3 ingredients!
DIY Edible Playdough Recipe With Peeps
Edible Peeps Play Dough is the perfect activity for kids!
They can build, and snack, and create their own sweet creations!
To create your own DIY Edible Peeps Play Dough, gather these supplies:
- a package (or 2 or 3) of Peeps
- powdered sugar
- coconut oil
- food coloring (optional, we used a little bit to make our colors more vibrant!)
To begin, gently pull apart the 5 Peeps marshmallows and place them in a microwave safe bowl. Add 3 Tablespoons of powdered sugar and ½ Tablespoon of coconut oil into the bowl.
Next, microwave your Peeps mixture on high for about 20 seconds, or until the Peeps start to puff up! Then, mix your Peeps mixture up trying to incorporate all of the ingredients. If you want to add a bit of food coloring, this is the time to do it!
Keep mixing, and mixing, and mixing until your play dough starts to form. If it’s a bit on the sticky side, you can add more powdered sugar.
This play dough is best if used right away. If you want to store it, cover it in a thin layer of powdered sugar and store it in a tightly sealed plastic zip top bag for up to 48 hours.
Peeps Edible Playdough Recipe Step-By-Step Video:
- Essential Camera Gear For Beginning Photographers - Aug 12, 2022
- Finding Your Friends on Instagram - May 3, 2022
- Magic Mosaic Easter Egg Coloring - Mar 5, 2022
- 11 Recipes For National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day - Feb 24, 2022
- Our Favorite Things – 2021 Edition (Holiday Gift Guide and Giveaways!) - Nov 15, 2021
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe - Sep 2, 2021
- Low Light Photography Tips for the Holidays - Nov 11, 2020
- DIY 30-Minute Thanksgiving Tree - Nov 8, 2020
- The Spanish Princess Part 2 Is Coming - Oct 8, 2020
- Fabric Pumpkins – DIY in 15 Minutes - Sep 9, 2020
- Jack-O-Lantern Marshmallow Pops - Sep 7, 2020
- DIY Mini Herb Garden - Aug 30, 2020
- Step by Step Plan to Drive Traffic to A New Blog - Aug 30, 2020
- Six Tips to Reduce Stress In Your Life - Aug 30, 2020
- How To Take A Food Photo From Good To Great - Aug 30, 2020
mohas jenia says
thanks for sharing
That is so much fun! Thanks for sharing.