Are you looking for a fun Hanukkah craft? Flameless Menorah Candles are the best way to get the kids crafting for Hanukkah. Let them make their own candles and “light” them safely. Their menorah can stay lit all night, and you can have piece of mind knowing it is 100 percent kid friendly!
Flameless Menorah Candles
Flameless Menorah Candles Materials:
note: this post contains an affiliate link which gives us a commission at no additional cost to you
- Toilet Paper Rolls
- Flameless Tealights
- Craft Paper
Flameless Menorah Candles Video Tutorial
How To Make Flameless Menorah Candles
I chose a mix of patterns, glittered, and solid paper for my flameless menorah candles. I think it is fun to mix it up, and make the patterns a little bit more modern.
There are 9 candles on the Menorah. The middle candle is the tallest and used to light the outer candles. In order to achieve the height difference when using paper towel rolls, just cut 8 of the rolls down about an inch or two.
The method to make the candles is super simple! Wrap the candles in the paper, and secure it with glue. Once they are wrapped, the only other step you need to do is the create a little “cradle” for the candle to sit on. In order to make this, I roughly cut a 2 long strip of paper and glued it in to the inside of the candle.
This does not need to me measured, or look pretty. It just needs to be functional and able to hold the candle. Make sure where you glue the strip of paper it is close enough to the surface so that the candle “flame” peaks above the top of the paper towel roll.
Now you are ready to light your candles! Kids can simply flip the switch to light each candle throughout Hanukkah. Since they are flameless they can leave their candles burning all night and day during the Hanukkah season!
Save your flameless menorah candles to reuse next year, and enjoy them again!
- Instagram Secrets You Need In 2019 - May 20, 2019
- Ham & Cheese Hand Pies - May 13, 2019
- Mermaid Garden - May 9, 2019
- The Best Pool and Beach Accessories For This Summer - Apr 24, 2019
- The Ultimate Trash Bash Garbage Truck Party - Mar 29, 2019
- Birdseed Eggs to Make For Spring - Mar 20, 2019
- Spring Paper Napkin Butterflies - Mar 13, 2019
- How to Schedule Facebook Posts And Save Time For Free - Mar 11, 2019
- Homemade Baileys Irish Cream - Mar 4, 2019
- 10 Educational Books For Kids That Are Fun To Read - Feb 25, 2019
- 10 of the Best Day Planners to Keep You On Track - Feb 13, 2019
- 30+ of the Best Chocolate Recipes - Feb 7, 2019
- Staging Staples: The Best Items for the Best Pictures - Jan 31, 2019
- 4 DIY Valentine Mailboxes - Jan 21, 2019
- Printable Tic Tac Toe Valentines - Jan 17, 2019