This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Giant grocery bag stars are our new favorite party decorations! They are a great way to add a huge pop of color to your decor without spending a lot of money. In fact, you probably have most of these supplies at your house already. So, put all of those grocery store bags sitting in your kitchen to good work with this simple tutorial.
Giant Grocery Bag Paper Stars
We originally made giant paper bag stars with lunch bags. But we wanted to go even bigger for the 4th of July and reuse all of the grocery bags sitting in our kitchen. You could easily mix and match both kinds of paper bag stars with different colors, but we went for the classic red, white, and blue for Independence Day. Note: this post contains affiliate links.
How To Make Giant Grocery Bag Stars
Begin by removing the handles from your grocery bags and turn all the bags in the same direction.
Use your hot glue gun to glue a T-shape on each bag and stack them together. Glue a final T-shape on the last bag and pull it together like you are making a fan. Secure the star with glue!
Tip: If you want step-by-step directions in picture form, check out our paper bag star post!
The final step is spray paint! Use whatever colors you wish. You will probably need a couple layers of spray paint to make sure the wording on the bags are covered. Remember to spray in a well-ventilated area!
I punched little holes into my bags and hung them with fishing wire so they look like they are floating. I love the way they look lined up across the front of the house.
For more easy party decor, check out our paper straw stars tutorial!
- The Greatest Showman Circus Inspired Costumes - Sep 12, 2019
- No Sew Fabric Pumpkins - Sep 9, 2019
- Google Has a Fun Hidden Wizard of Oz Hack! - Aug 26, 2019
- Jurassic Park Dinosaur Costume for Halloween - Aug 22, 2019
- Mermaid Skeletons Are Here For Halloween - Aug 13, 2019
- Zombie Skittles are Hitting Stores this Fall - Aug 1, 2019
- The Best Back to School Books - Jul 31, 2019
- Target Releasing Costumes for Kids in Wheelchairs - Jul 22, 2019
- We Didn’t Know We Needed Giant Tortoises In Our Yard Until Now - Jul 14, 2019
- The Cooling Bowl That Keeps Your Dog’s Water Cool All Summer! - Jul 14, 2019
- Dill Pickle Ice Pops? Is this a good idea? - Jul 14, 2019
- The Accessories You Didn’t Know You Needed For Your Backyard Chickens - Jul 14, 2019
- This DIY Tiny House Kit Comes Right To Your House! - Jul 9, 2019
- 3rd Grade Books For Summer Reading - Jun 28, 2019
- 2nd Grade Books For Summer Reading - Jun 28, 2019