This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Giant grocery bag stars are our new favorite party decorations! They are a great way to add a huge pop of color to your decor without spending a lot of money. In fact, you probably have most of these supplies at your house already. So, put all of those grocery store bags sitting in your kitchen to good work with this simple tutorial.
Giant Grocery Bag Paper Stars
We originally made giant paper bag stars with lunch bags. But we wanted to go even bigger for the 4th of July and reuse all of the grocery bags sitting in our kitchen. You could easily mix and match both kinds of paper bag stars with different colors, but we went for the classic red, white, and blue for Independence Day. Note: this post contains affiliate links.
How To Make Giant Grocery Bag Stars
Begin by removing the handles from your grocery bags and turn all the bags in the same direction.
Use your hot glue gun to glue a T-shape on each bag and stack them together. Glue a final T-shape on the last bag and pull it together like you are making a fan. Secure the star with glue!
Tip: If you want step-by-step directions in picture form, check out our paper bag star post!
The final step is spray paint! Use whatever colors you wish. You will probably need a couple layers of spray paint to make sure the wording on the bags are covered. Remember to spray in a well-ventilated area!
I punched little holes into my bags and hung them with fishing wire so they look like they are floating. I love the way they look lined up across the front of the house.
For more easy party decor, check out our paper straw stars tutorial!
- 6th Grade Reading List - Mar 31, 2020
- 5th Grade Reading List - Mar 31, 2020
- 4th Grade Reading List - Mar 31, 2020
- 3rd Grade Reading List - Mar 31, 2020
- 2nd Grade Reading List - Mar 31, 2020
- 1st Grade Reading List - Mar 31, 2020
- Kindergarten Reading List - Mar 31, 2020
- Black Bean Tacos With Lime Cilantro Slaw - Jan 4, 2020
- DIY Confetti Poppers - Dec 31, 2019
- Decorate Your House Like A Gingerbread House With This Giant Candy Garland - Dec 13, 2019
- Turn Pool Noodles Into Giant Lollipops - Dec 12, 2019
- Giant Popcorn Garland - Dec 11, 2019
- Mesh Poinsettia Christmas Decor - Dec 10, 2019
- Gift Wrapping Party - Dec 9, 2019
- Handmade Christmas Tree Ornaments With Toilet Paper Rolls And Toothpicks - Dec 8, 2019