This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you.
Giant grocery bag stars are our new favorite party decorations! They are a great way to add a huge pop of color to your decor without spending a lot of money. In fact, you probably have most of these supplies at your house already. So, put all of those grocery store bags sitting in your kitchen to good work with this simple tutorial.
Giant Grocery Bag Paper Stars
We originally made giant paper bag stars with lunch bags. But we wanted to go even bigger for the 4th of July and reuse all of the grocery bags sitting in our kitchen. You could easily mix and match both kinds of paper bag stars with different colors, but we went for the classic red, white, and blue for Independence Day. Note: this post contains affiliate links.
How To Make Giant Grocery Bag Stars
Begin by removing the handles from your grocery bags and turn all the bags in the same direction.
Use your hot glue gun to glue a T-shape on each bag and stack them together. Glue a final T-shape on the last bag and pull it together like you are making a fan. Secure the star with glue!
Tip: If you want step-by-step directions in picture form, check out our paper bag star post!
The final step is spray paint! Use whatever colors you wish. You will probably need a couple layers of spray paint to make sure the wording on the bags are covered. Remember to spray in a well-ventilated area!
I punched little holes into my bags and hung them with fishing wire so they look like they are floating. I love the way they look lined up across the front of the house.
For more easy party decor, check out our paper straw stars tutorial!
- DIY Patriotic Clothespin Wreath - Jun 6, 2019
- 1950s Retro Sock Hop Party Ideas - Jun 5, 2019
- Instagram Secrets You Need In 2019 - May 20, 2019
- Ham & Cheese Hand Pies - May 13, 2019
- Mermaid Garden - May 9, 2019
- The Best Pool and Beach Accessories For This Summer - Apr 24, 2019
- The Ultimate Trash Bash Garbage Truck Party - Mar 29, 2019
- Birdseed Eggs to Make For Spring - Mar 20, 2019
- Spring Paper Napkin Butterflies - Mar 13, 2019
- How to Schedule Facebook Posts And Save Time For Free - Mar 11, 2019
- Homemade Baileys Irish Cream - Mar 4, 2019
- 10 Educational Books For Kids That Are Fun To Read - Feb 25, 2019
- 10 of the Best Day Planners to Keep You On Track - Feb 13, 2019
- 30+ of the Best Chocolate Recipes - Feb 7, 2019
- Staging Staples: The Best Items for the Best Pictures - Jan 31, 2019