This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Creating your very own piece of sparkly art is not as complicated as you think! Using a piece of glittered paper and some scissors, you can do some serious decorating on a small budget and time scale! Glitter DIY Canvas Art is simple and only takes a few steps. Let’s get sparkly!
Glitter DIY Canvas Art
Glittered DIY Canvas Art is as easy as using a simple silhouette pattern, an initial, or an outline of your favorite state. Get creative and make a bunch to hang on a wall in a cluster! Spell out a child’s name to hang in their bedroom, or create a personalized canvas to give as a perfect DIY gift for that special someone.
To create your own Glitter DIY Canvas Art, gather these supplies.
- canvas (I used 8X11)
- masking or painters tape (if you want stripes)
- Foam paint brush
- glittered scrapbook paper
- glue dots or other adhesive
- a printout of a silhouette, initial, or your favorite state (I choose Texas!)
To create stripes, place your tape along the width of your canvas. I didn’t use a tape measure, I just used a piece of tape to mark the width of my stripe. Once I set the tape right under my last piece, I gently used a pencil to mark where the next piece of tape would go. You could also measure it out with a ruler or tape measure, or you could just cut this step out all together!
Next, paint your canvas. Use thin, even coats and allow each coat to dry before painting another. I helped along this process with a hair dryer.
While you wait for your canvas to dry, you can work on your glitter silhouette! Tape your printed shape onto the top of your glittered scrapbook paper using the masking or painters tape. This will hold everything into place as you cut.
Carefully cut along the perimeter of your design taking care around any tiny details.
Once your canvas is dry, you can remove your tape. Don’t try to remove your tape too early or you risk smudging your paint.
Now, it’s time to put it all together! Apply glue dots or any other adhesive onto the back of your glittered shape. Carefully position your shape over your canvas, and when you feel it is exactly where you want it, press it down! That’s it!
If you are using the shape of your favorite state, you can add a heart over your city for an extra decorative touch! These make the perfect gift for a friend or family member that lives in a different state!
- Essential Camera Gear For Beginning Photographers - Aug 12, 2022
- Finding Your Friends on Instagram - May 3, 2022
- Magic Mosaic Easter Egg Coloring - Mar 5, 2022
- 11 Recipes For National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day - Feb 24, 2022
- Our Favorite Things – 2021 Edition (Holiday Gift Guide and Giveaways!) - Nov 15, 2021
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe - Sep 2, 2021
- Low Light Photography Tips for the Holidays - Nov 11, 2020
- DIY 30-Minute Thanksgiving Tree - Nov 8, 2020
- The Spanish Princess Part 2 Is Coming - Oct 8, 2020
- Fabric Pumpkins – DIY in 15 Minutes - Sep 9, 2020
- Jack-O-Lantern Marshmallow Pops - Sep 7, 2020
- DIY Mini Herb Garden - Aug 30, 2020
- Step by Step Plan to Drive Traffic to A New Blog - Aug 30, 2020
- Six Tips to Reduce Stress In Your Life - Aug 30, 2020
- How To Take A Food Photo From Good To Great - Aug 30, 2020