This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I love Halloween! And let’s be honest, you can never have enough holiday decorations. I created a cute hocus pocus sign that you can add to the mix!
It’s all just a bunch of hocus pocus!
DIY Hocus Pocus Sign
- One wooden board (we used a 7 ½ by 47 ½) -purchased at Menards
- Wooden decorations – purchased at Michaels
- Paint – Black, Glittery Black, Orange, Crackle Paint
- Wood Glue
- Printer Paper/Printer
How To Make A Halloween Sign
Before you begin painting, give your board a nice sanding on the front and sides. We want to make sure it is super smooth, making it easier to paint. After sanding, go ahead and start panting your board black and any decorations you plan on using. I ended up using a wooden black cat and a wooden witch.
After the black paint dried, I added the crackle paint on top, followed by the orange paint. I honestly love how the crackle turned out! I also added glitter paint to the cat for some added flair.
While my board was drying, I went to the computer and found another festive font called Magnificent that would be easy to trace.
Regarding sizing, I used a font size around 350 to make sure all the lettering fit on the board. Depending on the size of board, you might need to play around for a size that works best. I printed and cut each letter out and secured them with some tape on the board. I added the wooden cat at the bottom to make sure I had enough room for the letters then began tracing.
Once the outline of the letters was complete, I went back in with a single coat of black paint to fill in the letters. I then glued down the cat and witch and let those completely dry.
AND THAT IS IT!
This DIY is so easy and is the perfect addition to any Halloween decorations.
- DIY Mosaic Tile Coasters - Aug 8, 2022
- Grillin’ & Chillin’ Summer Playlist - Jul 1, 2022
- 6 Best Photo Apps for Your Smartphone - Jun 30, 2022
- BeReal App The Social Media Platform That Is Fun - Jun 29, 2022
- Power Hour Playlist: 1960s Edition - Jun 29, 2022
- LGBTQIA+ Content Creators To Follow - Jun 29, 2022
- Disco Ball Planter DIY - May 26, 2022
- DIY Photography Backdrops - Apr 4, 2022
- Top Cleaning Content Creators To Inspire You - Mar 26, 2022
- Homemade Healthy Reese’s Eggs - Mar 4, 2022
- Natural Cleaning Product Alternatives for Spring Cleaning - Mar 1, 2022
- Favorite Online Shopping Finds That Are Bringing Us Joy - Feb 26, 2022
- Power Hour Playlist - Feb 18, 2022
- Instant Pot Egg White Bites ￼ - Feb 17, 2022
- Viral TikTok Savings Challenge - Feb 16, 2022