This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The Transition from spring to summer is my favorite season. I get to enjoy the gorgeous blue skies, the cool breeze and the warm sun all day long. You’ll catch me outside enjoying time with my husband and 3 little ones while we bike to the beach, do a little shopping, and catch a few waves. Oh the joys of living in Southern California! The gorgeous California Sun allows me to have a healthy, golden tan and to make my getting ready routine so much simpler in the morning. I love simplicity. Waking up with 3 little ones means you have very little time to get ready so I apply my favorite tinted moisturizer, some blush, my mascara, and my favorite lip gloss, and I’m ready to run out the door.
To keep my skin cleansed and glowing throughout the warm months I use one secret beauty ingredient for all my skin needs! Can you guess what it is? It’s Unrefined Raw Honey and it’s amazing! I’m always looking for DIY beauty tips, and I love products that I already have in my home, that are affordable, and can be used on my body to give me the best results for my skin and hair. So today I’m going to share some of my favorite honey beauty tips, and the recipe for a homemade honey body scrub!
Top 5 Honey Beauty Tips
- Honey can be used as a moisturizing mask to keep your skin soft and glowing. Just apply to the skin and allow it to penetrate for a few minutes than remove with warm water and pat your face dry.
- Honey can be used to soothe sunburn by mixing it with a scoop of aloe Vera gel. I just had the worst sunburn over the weekend and a mix of honey and aloe Vera had my sunburn at ease and it healed without peeling.
- Honey can reduce the signs of scarring. Did you know that sun exposure can make your scars more of a purple color? Well the use of honey on the scar can help lighten the color and help rejuvenate skin tissue.
- Honey can be used as an at home Acne Treatment. Honey contains antibacterial aids that can help relieve and reduce the signs of acne. Just apply to the skin for a few minutes and remove with warm water.
- Honey can be used as a deep conditioning treatment. Grab a spoonful of raw honey and mix with 2 tablespoons of liquid coconut oil and apply to your damp hair. (Tip: coconut oil will become a liquid at 75 degrees or higher or can be placed in the microwave). Allow to sit on your hair for about 10 minutes and then remove with cool water. Your lifeless locks will get a whole new life again and it didn’t cost you a fortune.
Homemade Honey Body Scrub
What you need:
- 1 Cup Spectrum organic Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- ½ Cup Unrefined Raw Honey
- Essential Oils (Optional)
Grab a small mixing bowl and pour in your sugar, honey and coconut oil and mix together until well combined. You can mix with a spoon or mix with your hands your choice. Once it’s all mixed together add in your essential oil and give it a quick stir. Pour your sugar scrub into airtight container and store for up to two months. To use just grab a scoop, add a little water and use on your entire body and enjoy your glowing skin. Enjoy.
Looking for more easy homemade body scrub recipes?
Check out our DIY Coconut Oil Salt Scrub With Rosemary And Mint!
- Homemade Vanilla Citrus Summer Soap - Jun 24, 2015
- DIY Mineral Veil And Beauty Tips For Busy Moms - Jun 17, 2015
- 15 Homemade Beauty Products - Jun 10, 2015
- Almond Vanilla Body Butter - Jun 3, 2015
- Homemade Face Mask And Acne Beauty Tips - May 20, 2015
- Top 20 Best DIY Homemade Beauty Products - May 13, 2015
- Pedicure Tips For Summer - May 6, 2015
- 3 Beauty Tips For Summer + DIY Sunscreen - Apr 29, 2015
- Homemade Natural Lip Balm - Apr 22, 2015
- Homemade Honey Body Scrub - Apr 15, 2015