This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Ever been interested in how to make a cool bracelet?
Then you are definitely in for a treat today!
We’re walking you through a DIY bracelet, ala a leather cuff, that you are sure to LOVE!
DIY Leather Cuff Bracelet
Those belts all had remaining bits of leather and buckles…waste not want not! We’re still saving the buckles, but for today’s project we’ll be using the belt ends. Besides the belt ends, you also need:
- leather punch
- snaps and the snap attacher
My punch is not made for leather. It came in a scrapbooking kit, but works just fine for this – I also have this scrapbooking punch that would work well. The snaps don’t always come with a snap attacher in the package. If you already have a snap attacher, you can buy a snap set like this with different color and design choices.
Cut your belt to size with your scissors and get ready to punch some holes! Put one hole on either end of the belt. You might even be able to use a hole that came with the belt.
- Essential Camera Gear For Beginning Photographers - Aug 12, 2022
- Finding Your Friends on Instagram - May 3, 2022
- Magic Mosaic Easter Egg Coloring - Mar 5, 2022
- 11 Recipes For National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day - Feb 24, 2022
- Our Favorite Things – 2021 Edition (Holiday Gift Guide and Giveaways!) - Nov 15, 2021
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe - Sep 2, 2021
- Low Light Photography Tips for the Holidays - Nov 11, 2020
- DIY 30-Minute Thanksgiving Tree - Nov 8, 2020
- The Spanish Princess Part 2 Is Coming - Oct 8, 2020
- Fabric Pumpkins – DIY in 15 Minutes - Sep 9, 2020
- Jack-O-Lantern Marshmallow Pops - Sep 7, 2020
- DIY Mini Herb Garden - Aug 30, 2020
- Step by Step Plan to Drive Traffic to A New Blog - Aug 30, 2020
- Six Tips to Reduce Stress In Your Life - Aug 30, 2020
- How To Take A Food Photo From Good To Great - Aug 30, 2020
Refashion Tutorials says
Ruby asked how to get the ends of the leather belt to look rounded and the answer is amazingly simple. The ends of a leather belt are already rounded. Just be sure when you attach your snaps that that end is the part that ends up on top.
Deborah M Owen says
OMG!!! Gosh darn ya’ll…..this is so cool….I have a bunch of old belts and was going to donate them to Goodwill….but, I think I see some new cuffs in my future.
Hey gals wht do you use to cut your leather to make them round on the edges?
Mildred Melendez says
Wow! Amazing! I never thought that this could be possible! Good work and thanks for sharing this! 🙂
Dani - ATA Girls says
Love all the ideas! Had several when I was young. Thanks for bringing back great memories!
What a fun idea. Very cute.
And I adore that stool!
Julie Moore says
I used to make leather bracelets when I was a girl. 🙂 Brings back memories…
gertie @ The Old Block House says
Great idea! Thank you for sharing. Our thrift store had a ton of belts on Friday. Can’t wait to try this.
what a cool idea! Love it!
Chris Carter says
WOW!! That looks amazing!!! I could NEVER do that! I soooo appreciate people with this kind of gifting. AWESOME JOB!! 🙂
Elle @SeeMomWorkBlog says
I love the look of these bracelets! They’re so cool. I’m not sure I would have the competence to get a belt at a thrift store that looks that good but I’d like to try.
All work and no play makes mommy a dull chick.
jennifer fay says
Very pretty. What a great idea.
Wow! I haven’t worn a leather bracelet in so long. I love this ispdea and have most everything to make one.
Jamie @ Roubinek Reality says
So cute! I have to try it!
Shari Lynne @ faith filled food for moms and grandmothers says
I have been wanting to do this, thank you for posting the tutorial.
I have two leather bracelets and I LOVE them. One I bought for a ridiculous amount on Etsy and the other I found at a thrift store…now I want to make my own!! 🙂
leah finch says
I definitely want to try this! Hmmm…I wonder if the thrift store is closed yet for today…
I love this idea!!