This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Wondering what to do with all of your photos on Instagram after you’ve taken them? Try using your Instagram photos to help decorate for the holidays! Creating your very own DIY Instagram Christmas Ornament is the perfect way to pull in fun past memories and personalize your Christmas tree. And, they make fantastic gifts!
DIY Instagram Christmas Ornament
Nothing says Christmas quite like family and remembering past experiences. These DIY Instagram Christmas Ornaments are the perfect way to do both! Trim your tree using Instagram! It doesn’t get any easier than that!
Gather these supplies:
- glass Christmas ornaments with the removeable metal tops
- ornament filler (I used tiny metal jingle bells!)
- printed Instagram photos
To begin, you must download your Instagram photos so that you can get them printed. To do this, I used the program Instaport which downloads your Instagram photos in a few quick minutes. Then, I uploaded my photos onto my favorite 1-hour photo website. It was that easy!
After trimming my photos to size, I retrieved my glass Christmas ornaments and removed the metal tops.
To fit your photo inside, simply roll your photo up into a small scroll and push it through the opening in the top! Once your photo slides through the top, it should pop open and unroll. I found that shaking my ornament around helped this process a bit. And, stubborn photos were quickly opened by poking a popsicle stick down into the hole and helping them out a little!
Next, add a bit of the ornament filler in to the bottom of your ornament. This adds a bit of weight, and also makes your ornament pop!
Last, replace the metal top onto your ornament. Finish your Instagram Christmas Ornament with a bit of ribbon tied to the top! How cute!
You can trim a whole tree using your DIY Instagram Christmas Ornaments!
Don’t forget to make a few to pass out as gifts this Christmas. They are the perfect way to send a little Christmas cheer.
Happy Christmas Decorating!
- Essential Camera Gear For Beginning Photographers - Aug 12, 2022
- Finding Your Friends on Instagram - May 3, 2022
- Magic Mosaic Easter Egg Coloring - Mar 5, 2022
- 11 Recipes For National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day - Feb 24, 2022
- Our Favorite Things – 2021 Edition (Holiday Gift Guide and Giveaways!) - Nov 15, 2021
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe - Sep 2, 2021
- Low Light Photography Tips for the Holidays - Nov 11, 2020
- DIY 30-Minute Thanksgiving Tree - Nov 8, 2020
- The Spanish Princess Part 2 Is Coming - Oct 8, 2020
- Fabric Pumpkins – DIY in 15 Minutes - Sep 9, 2020
- Jack-O-Lantern Marshmallow Pops - Sep 7, 2020
- DIY Mini Herb Garden - Aug 30, 2020
- Step by Step Plan to Drive Traffic to A New Blog - Aug 30, 2020
- Six Tips to Reduce Stress In Your Life - Aug 30, 2020
- How To Take A Food Photo From Good To Great - Aug 30, 2020