This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Spring is officially here! It’s almost time to pull out the BBQ, and run outside for a little fun in the sun. Enjoy your outdoor time by creating some DIY Lawn Yahtzee Dice! They will kick your typical dice game up a few notches and create an outdoor experience that is engaging and fun for all ages!
DIY Lawn Yahtzee Dice
This is a project that you can work on with your kids to create memories this spring and summer. It only requires a few supplies! Before you know it, you will be rockin’ & rollin’ with this fun outside game! *Note: this post contains affiliate links.
To create your own DIY Lawn Yahtzee Dice, you will need:
- Wooden blocks (I cut 4 inch by 4 inch blocks from a fence post that I bought at the hardware store)
- Colored paint (I choose neon colors!)
- Black paint (for the dots)
- Flat foam brush
- Circle foam brush
- Sealant spray
To begin, make sure your blocks are well sanded and don’t have any rough spots. Next, paint your blocks, making sure each side has adequate coverage so that none of the wood is showing.
Allow enough time (24 hours) for your blocks to dry before you paint the dots.
Next, use your circle foam brush and saturate it with black paint. You can use a picture of dice, or an actual dice to guide where to place your dots. Place your dots on each side of your dice.
Remember, the opposite sides of the dice always add up to 7. 1-6, 2-5, 3-4.
After painting your dots, allow at least 24 hours of drying time.
To give your blocks a protective coat, spray them with a clear acrylic sealant.
This will help preserve your paint and give them a nice shiny finish.
DIY Lawn Yahtzee Dice are the perfect way to spend the afternoon! To make your game even more fun, download this free printable Yahtzee score card!
Kids will love the oversized and colorful dice that are fun to roll outside in the grass. They will keep your spring and summer afternoon rolling with fun and games!
Looking to create more fun printables? Find out how to create your own chalkboard printable!
Looking for more outside fun this spring? Plan your own Backyard Movie Night!
- Essential Camera Gear For Beginning Photographers - Aug 12, 2022
- Finding Your Friends on Instagram - May 3, 2022
- Magic Mosaic Easter Egg Coloring - Mar 5, 2022
- 11 Recipes For National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day - Feb 24, 2022
- Our Favorite Things – 2021 Edition (Holiday Gift Guide and Giveaways!) - Nov 15, 2021
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe - Sep 2, 2021
- Low Light Photography Tips for the Holidays - Nov 11, 2020
- DIY 30-Minute Thanksgiving Tree - Nov 8, 2020
- The Spanish Princess Part 2 Is Coming - Oct 8, 2020
- Fabric Pumpkins – DIY in 15 Minutes - Sep 9, 2020
- Jack-O-Lantern Marshmallow Pops - Sep 7, 2020
- DIY Mini Herb Garden - Aug 30, 2020
- Step by Step Plan to Drive Traffic to A New Blog - Aug 30, 2020
- Six Tips to Reduce Stress In Your Life - Aug 30, 2020
- How To Take A Food Photo From Good To Great - Aug 30, 2020
I LOVE these ideas
Nina Lewis says
This is such a fabulous idea! I want to do this with my grandkids — when they get a wee bit older. Wait!! I can do this with my friends for a party! They will think I’m so clever — thanks to you!
By the way, I say this via the SITS Girls link party!
My kids will love these ideas,
time to get artistic 🙂
Rabia @TheLiebers says
I LOVE Yahtzee!!
Jeanette Nyberg says
I absolutely, super-duper crazy want to make these. I thought they were GIANT when I first saw the photo- they’re the perfect size, though!