This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you.
Valentine’s Day has become one of my favorite holidays. There is chocolate, and lots of it. There’s no pressure to buy a big gift, because a heartfelt card will do the trick, and everybody is dressed festively. The fun thing about Valentine’s Day is that you can make all your cards and gifts at home, like this super cute lollipop bouquet. This year we are making lollipop bouquets for our neighbors and the kids’ teachers!
Valentine’s Day Lollipop Bouquet
Lollipop bouquets are the best kind of flowers you can get. They won’t wilt or die, and they are tasty and delicious! They also make super cute decorations for a Valentine’s Day party! Note: this post contains affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you.
Lollipop Bouquet Materials
- Coffee Filters
- Pink Food Coloring or Paint
- 4 inch Styrofoam Ball
- Hot Glue Gun
- Tin Pail
Lollipop Bouquet Video Tutorial
How To Make A Valentine’s Day Lollipop Bouquet
Begin by dying your coffee filter. Each flower requires 6 coffee filters. I used about 8-10 lollipop flowers per bouquet, so you can plan the number of coffee filters you need to dye accordingly. You can see a complete step-by-step of how to dye coffee filters to make flower balls or check out the flower ball video here.
Mix water and food coloring (or paint) until you get a color you like. Let the coffee filters sit in the dye bath, then squeeze them out, flatten, and allow to dry.
Once they are dry you are ready to fold and cut your coffee filters. Fold 3 coffee filters in half and then half again. You will cut scallops around the rounded outside edge, so they look like flower petals. Then you will fold another three and repeat the same process. Unfold the coffee filters and stack the 6 cut filters in a pile. Stick a lollipop through the center, and secure the bottom with a touch of hot glue.
Glue your styrofoam ball to the small tin using your hot glue gun. When you stick the lollipop flowers into the ball, begin at the base and work your way around and up!
Finally, fluff the flowers and chose somebody sweet to receive your beautiful lollipop bouquet!
This darling Valentine’s Day mailbox is made from a cereal box! We have 4 different versions for you to check out.
- We Didn’t Know We Needed Giant Tortoises In Our Yard Until Now - Jul 14, 2019
- The Cooling Bowl That Keeps Your Dog’s Water Cool All Summer! - Jul 14, 2019
- Dill Pickle Ice Pops? Is this a good idea? - Jul 14, 2019
- The Accessories You Didn’t Know You Needed For Your Backyard Chickens - Jul 14, 2019
- This DIY Tiny House Kit Comes Right To Your House! - Jul 9, 2019
- 3rd Grade Books For Summer Reading - Jun 28, 2019
- 2nd Grade Books For Summer Reading - Jun 28, 2019
- 1st Grade Books For Summer Reading - Jun 28, 2019
- Kindergarten Books For Summer Reading - Jun 28, 2019
- DIY Patriotic Clothespin Wreath - Jun 6, 2019
- 1950s Retro Sock Hop Party Ideas - Jun 5, 2019
- Instagram Secrets You Need In 2019 - May 20, 2019
- Ham & Cheese Hand Pies - May 13, 2019
- Mermaid Garden - May 9, 2019
- The Best Pool and Beach Accessories For This Summer - Apr 24, 2019