This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I’m a little disappointed that I never had the chance to set a leprechaun trap when I was a child. I think this kind of magic would have been right up my alley. Luckily, thanks to a trip to The Dollar Tree (and the nearby grocery store), I have a Lucky Charms leprechaun trap ready to spring on St. Patrick’s Day this year that can make real magic happen!
How To Make A Magical Lucky Charms Leprechaun Trap
I started by picking up a fun green leprechaun hat from The Dollar Tree, along with some plastic pots, plastic gold coins, and a small bag of Lucky Charms. I then headed over to the grocery store to pick up the one thing I didn’t have and couldn’t find for sale at The Dollar Tree: a bag of Lucky Charms marshmallows!
If you haven’t seen them before, you can find Lucky Charm marshmallows on Amazon – these are jet-puffed versions of the dehydrated marshmallows that you find in a box of Lucky Charms. You can also find a package of the dehydrated Lucky Charm marshmallows on Amazon.
I hot glued a few popsicle sticks to the front of the hat to hold it up for the trap, knowing I could easily remove them when the trap was sprung.
I then placed my pot of gold in front of the trap as payment for the leprechaun and placed the small, dehydrated marshmallows from my box of Lucky Charms underneath the hat.
Set your magical Lucky Charms leprechaun trap the night before St. Patrick’s Day with the help of your little ones.
The next morning your kids will be blown away when they find out their leprechaun has turned their cereal marshmallows into full-sized marshmallows!
For More St Patrick’s Day Fun:
- Doughnut Leprechaun Trap
- St. Patrick’s Day Pot of Gold Wreath
- 35 St. Patrick’s Day Craft and Recipe Ideas
- Cookie Cup Nests - Apr 3, 2022
- Small Batch Homemade Buttercream Frosting - Mar 28, 2022
- Dollar Tree Faux Fur Floral Wreath - Mar 8, 2022
- Make A Magical Lucky Charms Leprechaun Trap - Mar 6, 2022
- Mini Crescent Roll King Cakes - Mar 1, 2022
- Six Delicious Margarita Recipes - Feb 10, 2022
- Mini Heart-Shaped Pizza - Feb 8, 2022
- Make A Breakable Chocolate Heart Piñata For Valentine’s Day - Feb 1, 2022
- Valentine’s Day Countdown Calendar – Made Completely With Items From The Dollar Store! - Jan 26, 2022
- Rosé Gummy Bears - Jan 25, 2022
- Valentine’s Day Rice Krispie Treat Pops - Jan 24, 2022
- Easy Valentine’s Day Artwork - Jan 22, 2022
- Frozen Holiday Grinch Punch - Dec 21, 2021
- Disneyland-Inspired Pumpkin Monkey Bread - Nov 15, 2021
- How To Bling Out A Dollar Store Pumpkin - Oct 16, 2021