This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hey, everyone! It’s Lauren from Mom Home Guide, and I am here to share my latest DIY decorating project. With spring here, and flowers blooming everywhere, I decided to make a pretty monogram door hanging for my home’s front door.
DIY Monogram Door Hanger
If you read my blog, you know that most of the projects I do are on a thrifty budget. So of course, I didn’t want to spend a lot of cash for this craft. To cut costs, I pulled up a 40% off coupon on my Michael’s store app and went shopping! I hardly ever go shopping without a coupon.
- 11-inch by 14-inch photo mat
- 9-inch by 12-inch sheet of felt
- Faux Floral Embellishments
- Small Paper Photo Frame
- Monogram Letter
- Command Picture Hanging Strips
- Hot glue gun and hot glue
How To Make Your Own Monogram Door Hanger
This craft was really easy to make and took me only about 20 minutes or so! The steps are really quite simple:
1. Heat up the glue gun.
2. Hot glue the piece of felt into the photo mat. (I put the felt where a photo would go.)
3. Hot glue the top and bottom pieces of the photo mat together.
4. Glue the floral embellishments onto the frame part of the photo mat.
5. Center your mini paper frame and glue it in place.
6. Center your monogram in the mini frame and glue it on.
7. Add Command Picture hanging strips onto the back of your matted monogram door hanging. (Follow the instructions on the back of your Command Strips package.)
8. Hang the matted floral monogram on your door!
See? Super easy and fun! All that’s left to do is enjoy your new door hanger.