This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you.
Creating something new from things that are going to end up in the garbage is always so rewarding. It takes the saying “one man’s trash is another man’s treasure” to a whole new level. Making your own DIY Painted Glass Bottle Vases are a perfect example of that concept! They are as easy as pie and require just 2 supplies — glass bottles and paint.
DIY Painted Glass Bottle Vases
Adding a pop of color can become a happy little unexpected element that helps to brighten a room. DIY Painted Glass Bottle Vases are so simple but also easy to personalize! I used reds and pinks for Valentine’s Day!
To create your own, gather a few glass bottles in various sizes and shapes. Then, choose your paint colors. An ombre’ effect is simple to create with a hue purchased in different shades.
Next, prep your bottles. To remove stuck on labels, soak your bottles in very hot and soapy water. Then, peel off the labels as best as you can. For stuck on glue, use a glass safe scrubbing pad. Keeping the glue warm and damp helps to remove as much of it as possible. Allow your bottles enough time to dry completely before applying the paint.
To color your bottles, simply pour a few tablespoons of paint into your bottle. Roll your bottle around to evenly distribute your paint along the sides. Sometimes it helps to smack the side of the bottle against your hand. Be gentle, and watch out for paint splatters!
When the sides of your bottle are evenly coated, set your bottles upside down to remove the excess paint. I did this using a cookie rack and a baking sheet covered in wax paper. Your bottles will need at least 3 days of drying time.
If you find that any of your paint looks uneven after drying, simply pour in a little extra and repeat the process. My bottles never needed more paint, one application was all that they required.
These DIY Painted Glass Bottle Vases look perfect with a few simple flower buds tucked inside! They are also the perfect place to display colorful flags or even a sign on a stick! Just make sure that you don’t fill them with water or any other liquid; the paint will pull away from the sides of the bottle.
Painted Glass Bottle Video
Want to see this project from start to finish? Then watch our below painted glass bottle video.
- Edible Playdough Recipe With Peeps - Mar 30, 2017
- DIY Painted Glass Bottle Vases - Feb 10, 2016
- DIY Hot Cocoa Dunkers: Fun, Easy & Perfect for Kids! - Dec 21, 2015
- DIY Peppermint Soap - Dec 7, 2015
- DIY: Thanksgiving Napkin Rings - Nov 25, 2015
- Homemade Simmering Potpourri For The Holidays - Nov 18, 2015
- DIY Leather Napkin Rings - Nov 15, 2015
- DIY Boot Cuffs - Nov 6, 2015
- Elf On The Shelf Printables - Nov 4, 2015
- DIY 30-Minute Thanksgiving Tree - Nov 2, 2015
- Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Polka-Dot Lanterns - Oct 30, 2015
- DIY Jack-O-Lantern Marshmallow Pops - Oct 23, 2015
- DIY Fall Craft: 15 Minute Fabric Pumpkin - Oct 14, 2015
- DIY Printed Wooden Halloween Sign - Oct 7, 2015
- Simple Pumpkin Spice Granola - Oct 2, 2015