This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
About a year ago I created giant paper bag stars for a party. We posted a how-to video on Facebook, and it went viral. I think it is currently at around 23 million views. Since then, we have done many different variations using the same basic bags. The giant paper bag stars, giant paper bag snowflakes, and now my favorite, Paper Bag Flowers. You can now officially decorate for almost every event using paper bags… YOU ARE WELCOME!
Giant Paper Bag Flowers
Paper Bag Flower Materials:
- Paper Bags
- Yellow Paper Plates
The beauty of this project is that you only need a few materials!
How To Make Paper Bag Flowers
To create each flower you need 7 paper bags. You will apply glue in a “T” shape. A straight line down from the top to the bottom, and then a horizontal line of glue from side to side at the bottom of the bag.
Stack your second bag on top of the first, and continue the process with all 7 bags.
When your last bag is stacked on top, cut the tips in a curved fashion. Then, fan the flower out and glue to the two ends together. Here is a tutorial of the same process I used to make the Giant Paperbag Stars. I cut them to pointy tips for stars.
Once your flower is assembled, you can use hot glue to attach a yellow paper plate to the center.
As you can see, they are so light that I only had to use scotch tape to hang them on the wall. Another fun thing I did was cut leaves out of green craft paper.
Using all different colors is a great way to decorate for Spring, Mother’s Day, a luncheon, or weddings!
There are so many ways to customize the flowers.
You can also hang them in any fashion you want. They would look beautiful in an arch over a walkway or entrance, or even as a photo backdrop. The cost to make 13 flowers was roughly $6, so they are a very cost effective way to create MAJOR drama at a party!
Would you like to learn how to DIY Giant Paper Flowers? Check out that DIY HERE!
- Black Bean Tacos With Lime Cilantro Slaw - Jan 4, 2020
- DIY Confetti Poppers - Dec 31, 2019
- Decorate Your House Like A Gingerbread House With This Giant Candy Garland - Dec 13, 2019
- Turn Pool Noodles Into Giant Lollipops - Dec 12, 2019
- Giant Popcorn Garland - Dec 11, 2019
- Mesh Poinsettia Christmas Decor - Dec 10, 2019
- Gift Wrapping Party - Dec 9, 2019
- Handmade Christmas Tree Ornaments With Toilet Paper Rolls And Toothpicks - Dec 8, 2019
- Cranberry Champagne Cocktail - Dec 7, 2019
- How to Turn Christmas Cards Into a Photo Garland - Dec 5, 2019
- How to Host a Cookie Exchange Party - Dec 3, 2019
- Rudolph Wreath - Dec 2, 2019
- Paper Doiley Christmas Trees - Dec 1, 2019
- Target is Selling $15 Sock Advent Calendars in tons of themes! - Sep 19, 2019
- The Greatest Showman Circus Inspired Costumes - Sep 12, 2019