This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Nothing beats a homemade Halloween costume. They are made with love and often have that little something extra that you just can’t get from a store bought costume. You don’t have to be able to sew to make your own costume; you don’t even have to be a crafter! And you can transform household items into the perfect last minute costume – just like this DIY Pineapple Costume. This might be my favorite costume that I’ve made for my daughter, and I really love how easy it was to make!
DIY Pineapple Costume
“Be a Pineapple. Stand tall, wear a crown, and be sweet on the inside.”
– Katherine Alana Gaskin
I love this quote from Gaskin. It’s something that we’ve talked about in our family, so naturally we made it into a Halloween costume for my 5-year-old daughter.
Making A Pineapple Costume
First, we found the perfect yellow outfit for the base of the pineapple costume. We are in California, and the weather seems to hold nicely until the day before Halloween. Without fail we always wake up on Halloween morning and it is wet and chilly, therefore I advise you to choose your yellow outfit accordingly.
I found these awesome matching yellow pajamas on Amazon. They are super comfy, and when Halloween is done, we can still use them for regular everyday use pajamas. Another cute idea would be to add a tutu to your costume!
The final step was adding pineapple leaves to the top of her head!
I bought a yellow stretchy headband to make sure it was thick and secure. I used my hot glue gun to secure a toilet paper roll to the top. Next I cut 12 “leaf” shapes and glued them at the base of the toilet paper roll. I used a pencil to roll the tips and flare the top of the leaves.
We got so many compliments on the simplicity and cleverness of the costume at the trunk or treat event we attended. Elise was warm and comfy, and proudly wore her “crown” all night long.
Looking for more homemade Halloween costume inspiration? How about a Homemade Jelly Belly Costume? Your kids will LOVE this one!
- Elf On The Shelf Printables - Dec 1, 2021
- Spooky Skull Cakes - Oct 22, 2021
- Trash Bag Spider Webs - Oct 12, 2021
- DIY Glow In The Dark Floating Ghosts - Oct 5, 2021
- Flaming Skull Torches - Sep 6, 2021
- 30+ Awesome Homemade Halloween Costumes - Sep 5, 2021
- Easy Easter Cookies Decorated 4 Ways - Mar 8, 2021
- DIY Spring Wreath - Mar 1, 2021
- How To Make An Easter Basket With Newspaper - Feb 23, 2021
- Birdseed Eggs to Make For Spring - Feb 20, 2021
- Strawberry Rose Bouquet - Feb 8, 2021
- DIY Chocolate Kiss Flowers - Feb 4, 2021
- 4 DIY Valentine Mailboxes - Jan 21, 2021
- DIY Confetti Poppers - Dec 28, 2020
- Christmas Card Photo Idea: DIY Christmas Tree Stand - Nov 6, 2020