Nothing beats a homemade costume. It’s because they are made with love, and often times have that little something extra that you just can’t get from a store bought costume. You don’t have to be able to sew to make your own costume; you don’t even have to be a crafter! And you can transform household items into the perfect last minute costume – just like this DIY Pineapple Costume.
DIY Pineapple Costume
“Be a Pineapple. Stand tall, wear a crown, and be sweet on the inside.” I love this quote by Katherine Alana Gaskin, so naturally we made it into a Halloween costume for my 5-year-old daughter. First we found our perfect yellow outfit. We are in California, and the weather seems to hold until the day before Halloween. Without fail we always wake up on Halloween and it is wet and chilly, therefore I advise you to choose your yellow outfit accordingly.
The final step was our pineapple leaves on the top of the head! I bought a yellow stretchy headband to make sure it was thick and secure. I used my hot glue gun to secure a toilet paper roll to the top. Next I cut 12 “leaf” shapes and glued them at the base of the toilet paper roll. I used a pencil to roll the tips and flare the top of the leaves.
We got so many compliments on the simplicity and cleverness of the costume at the trunk or treat. Elise was warm and comfy, and proudly wore her “crown” all night long.
So, looking for more homemade Halloween costume inspiration? How about a Homemade Jelly Belly Costume?
- Spring Paper Napkin Butterflies - Mar 13, 2019
- How to Schedule Facebook Posts And Save Time For Free - Mar 11, 2019
- Homemade Baileys Irish Cream - Mar 4, 2019
- 10 Educational Books For Kids That Are Fun To Read - Feb 25, 2019
- 10 of the Best Day Planners to Keep You On Track - Feb 13, 2019
- 30+ of the Best Chocolate Recipes - Feb 7, 2019
- Staging Staples: The Best Items for the Best Pictures - Jan 31, 2019
- 4 DIY Valentine Mailboxes - Jan 21, 2019
- Printable Tic Tac Toe Valentines - Jan 17, 2019
- Lollipop Bouquet - Jan 16, 2019