Nothing beats a homemade costume. It’s because they are made with love, and often times have that little something extra that you just can’t get from a store bought costume. You don’t have to be able to sew to make your own costume; you don’t even have to be a crafter! And you can transform household items into the perfect last minute costume – just like this DIY Pineapple Costume.
DIY Pineapple Costume
“Be a Pineapple. Stand tall, wear a crown, and be sweet on the inside.” I love this quote by Katherine Alana Gaskin, so naturally we made it into a Halloween costume for my 5-year-old daughter. First we found our perfect yellow outfit. We are in California, and the weather seems to hold until the day before Halloween. Without fail we always wake up on Halloween and it is wet and chilly, therefore I advise you to choose your yellow outfit accordingly.
The final step was our pineapple leaves on the top of the head! I bought a yellow stretchy headband to make sure it was thick and secure. I used my hot glue gun to secure a toilet paper roll to the top. Next I cut 12 “leaf” shapes and glued them at the base of the toilet paper roll. I used a pencil to roll the tips and flare the top of the leaves.
We got so many compliments on the simplicity and cleverness of the costume at the trunk or treat. Elise was warm and comfy, and proudly wore her “crown” all night long.
So, looking for more homemade Halloween costume inspiration? How about a Homemade Jelly Belly Costume?
- Printable Tic Tac Toe Valentines - Jan 17, 2019
- Lollipop Bouquet - Jan 16, 2019
- Whoville Christmas Trees - Dec 9, 2018
- Stonyfield Play Free Initiative - Nov 30, 2018
- DIY Flameless Menorah Candles - Nov 29, 2018
- How to Turn Christmas Cards Into a Photo Garland - Nov 27, 2018
- DIY Hay Bale Presents For the Holidays - Nov 20, 2018
- Must Buy Christmas Gifts for Kids - Nov 19, 2018
- How to Celebrate Friendsgiving - Nov 15, 2018
- Giant Spider Web Halloween Decoration - Oct 30, 2018