This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
4th of July is one of my favorite holidays! It is a low pressure holiday with insane levels of fun! At my house, everything turns red, white, and blue — the more patriotic the better. This Patriotic Pinwheel Hair Clip is the best accessory for every little girl in your family! You can make them in a variety of colors and in under 5 minutes! Not to mention all the supplies cost about $6! Needless to say, I am totally obsessed with pinwheel hair clips!
Patriotic Pinwheel Hair Clip
- Hair clip
- felt squares (I used red, white, and blue)
- red or silver jewels
- hot glue gun
- needle and thread
- post it (or a 3 inch by 3 inch square)
How To Make A Pinwheel Hair Clip
Choose two colors of felt to make your pinwheel. Trace the post-it note or paper square pattern on one color of the felt. Cut out that square and use it as a guide to cut out another square from the second felt color. You should now have two three inch squares.
The next step is to make about 1 inch cut into the center from each point of the square. You want to make sure you do not cut all the way in to the center. Repeat the same process on the other felt square.
Once all your cuts are made, begin by folding one of the right hand corners towards the center of your square. Sew the tip of the corner down in the center. Repeat the process, alternating every other point so you have four corners folded in to the center and sewed down. I did a couple extra stitches to make sure all the points were super secure!
Now is when you bust out your trusty hot glue gun! Glue the jewel to the center of the pinwheel, and glue the clip on the back of the pinwheel. Your patriotic pinwheel hair clip is finished.
It’s all pinwheel hair clips all the time at my house since I’ve started making these!
Use different colors, and you can wear them all year.
- Target is Selling $15 Sock Advent Calendars in tons of themes! - Sep 19, 2019
- The Greatest Showman Circus Inspired Costumes - Sep 12, 2019
- No Sew Fabric Pumpkins - Sep 9, 2019
- Google Has a Fun Hidden Wizard of Oz Hack! - Aug 26, 2019
- Jurassic Park Dinosaur Costume for Halloween - Aug 22, 2019
- Mermaid Skeletons Are Here For Halloween - Aug 13, 2019
- Zombie Skittles are Hitting Stores this Fall - Aug 1, 2019
- The Best Back to School Books - Jul 31, 2019
- Target Releasing Costumes for Kids in Wheelchairs - Jul 22, 2019
- We Didn’t Know We Needed Giant Tortoises In Our Yard Until Now - Jul 14, 2019
- The Cooling Bowl That Keeps Your Dog’s Water Cool All Summer! - Jul 14, 2019
- Dill Pickle Ice Pops? Is this a good idea? - Jul 14, 2019
- The Accessories You Didn’t Know You Needed For Your Backyard Chickens - Jul 14, 2019
- This DIY Tiny House Kit Comes Right To Your House! - Jul 9, 2019
- 3rd Grade Books For Summer Reading - Jun 28, 2019