This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I am always on the lookout for fun crafts that can be used to create a maximum impact in any space. I started to save our popsicle sticks this summer and was determined to use them to make something big! My daughter is totally obsessed with Frozen, so we watch it at least once a week. While watching Elsa sing “Let it Go,” it hit me that my popsicle sticks could be turned into beautiful, amazing snowflakes! Popsicle Stick Snowflakes are so easy to make and can be used as a picture backdrop or decor for any Winter party!
Popsicle Stick Snowflakes Photo Backdrop Wall
Popsicle Stick Snowflake Supplies
Note: While you can eat a LOT of popsicles, and save those sticks for this project, you can also buy craft sticks. This post contains affiliate links.
- Popsicle Sticks (I used small sticks, regular sticks, and extra large craft sticks)
- Hot Glue Gun
- White Spray Paint
- Fishing Wire or Command Hooks
Popsicles sticks are also very cost effective! You can get a large box of 1,000 craft sticks for under $10!
The first thing I did when making my popsicle stick snowflakes was to lay them all out in the pattern that I wanted. First, I shaped the star, and then I added the sticks that point towards the inside of the star. Once this shape was even I used my hot glue gun to stick them into place.
Next, I added the sticks that point outwards from the tips of the star. It is a good idea to let everything dry before adding another one. When you are done with your design, and the glue is all dry, you are ready for paint!
I used white spray paint, but these snowflakes would look super cute with a glitter coat, light blue, or even a pale pink! You can create a bunch of large popsicle stick snowflakes and use them as a photo backdrop for a wedding or Christmas party!
It’s time to start eating some popsicles!
Want more ideas for stunning photo backdrop walls?
- 6th Grade Reading List - Mar 31, 2020
- 5th Grade Reading List - Mar 31, 2020
- 4th Grade Reading List - Mar 31, 2020
- 3rd Grade Reading List - Mar 31, 2020
- 2nd Grade Reading List - Mar 31, 2020
- 1st Grade Reading List - Mar 31, 2020
- Kindergarten Reading List - Mar 31, 2020
- Black Bean Tacos With Lime Cilantro Slaw - Jan 4, 2020
- DIY Confetti Poppers - Dec 31, 2019
- Decorate Your House Like A Gingerbread House With This Giant Candy Garland - Dec 13, 2019
- Turn Pool Noodles Into Giant Lollipops - Dec 12, 2019
- Giant Popcorn Garland - Dec 11, 2019
- Mesh Poinsettia Christmas Decor - Dec 10, 2019
- Gift Wrapping Party - Dec 9, 2019
- Handmade Christmas Tree Ornaments With Toilet Paper Rolls And Toothpicks - Dec 8, 2019