My obsession with these Ribbon Chandeliers is off the charts. I made one, and then rushed to the store to buy more ribbon. They are super simple, and I have used them at 3 different parties in the last month! We have hung them inside and outside. All you need is 3 things to make your own Ribbon Chandeliers.
Ribbon Chandeliers Materials:
Note: this post contains affiliate links
How To Make Ribbon Chandeliers
I chose a variety of ribbons in different widths for this project. Cutting your ribbons is the first step.
I cut a variety of lengths for the ribbon, between 2-3 feet. I would say the longer you can make your ribbons, the better. You want them to really be able to blow in the wind and give your party a dramatic visual.
Varying your ribbon in both width and length will help your ribbon chandeliers to look organic and boho.
I originally did one layer of ribbon only out the outer wire rim. However, it wasn’t enough ribbon, and my chandeliers were looking pretty sparse, so I added another layer around one of the inside rims.
I used a small drop of hot glue and just wrapped it around the rim of the wire wreath frame. Rotate colors and lengths, I used no particular order, but just kind of what I thought looked visibly pleasing to the eye.
To attach the chandeliers to the ceiling, I used command hooks. They stayed up for days until I took them down.
You could make ribbon chandeliers in Halloween or Christmas colors. They would also make a cute decoration for a little girl’s room year-round.
- The Ultimate Trash Bash Garbage Truck Party - Mar 29, 2019
- Birdseed Eggs to Make For Spring - Mar 20, 2019
- Spring Paper Napkin Butterflies - Mar 13, 2019
- How to Schedule Facebook Posts And Save Time For Free - Mar 11, 2019
- Homemade Baileys Irish Cream - Mar 4, 2019
- 10 Educational Books For Kids That Are Fun To Read - Feb 25, 2019
- 10 of the Best Day Planners to Keep You On Track - Feb 13, 2019
- 30+ of the Best Chocolate Recipes - Feb 7, 2019
- Staging Staples: The Best Items for the Best Pictures - Jan 31, 2019
- 4 DIY Valentine Mailboxes - Jan 21, 2019
- Printable Tic Tac Toe Valentines - Jan 17, 2019
- Lollipop Bouquet - Jan 16, 2019
- Whoville Christmas Trees - Dec 9, 2018
- Stonyfield Play Free Initiative - Nov 30, 2018
- DIY Flameless Menorah Candles - Nov 29, 2018