My obsession with these Ribbon Chandeliers is off the charts. I made one, and then rushed to the store to buy more ribbon. They are super simple, and I have used them at 3 different parties in the last month! We have hung them inside and outside. All you need is 3 things to make your own Ribbon Chandeliers.
Ribbon Chandeliers Materials:
Note: this post contains affiliate links
How To Make Ribbon Chandeliers
I chose a variety of ribbons in different widths for this project. Cutting your ribbons is the first step.
I cut a variety of lengths for the ribbon, between 2-3 feet. I would say the longer you can make your ribbons, the better. You want them to really be able to blow in the wind and give your party a dramatic visual.
Varying your ribbon in both width and length will help your ribbon chandeliers to look organic and boho.
I originally did one layer of ribbon only out the outer wire rim. However, it wasn’t enough ribbon, and my chandeliers were looking pretty sparse, so I added another layer around one of the inside rims.
I used a small drop of hot glue and just wrapped it around the rim of the wire wreath frame. Rotate colors and lengths, I used no particular order, but just kind of what I thought looked visibly pleasing to the eye.
To attach the chandeliers to the ceiling, I used command hooks. They stayed up for days until I took them down.
You could make ribbon chandeliers in Halloween or Christmas colors. They would also make a cute decoration for a little girl’s room year-round.
- DIY Halloween Decorations: Spooky Specimen Jars - Sep 11, 2018
- Flaming Skull Torches - Sep 6, 2018
- Halloween Ideas For Decorations You Need Now - Aug 23, 2018
- Get Grilling This Summer with Line 39 and Weber Grills - Jun 13, 2018
- Ribbon Chandeliers - May 2, 2018
- Cinco De Mayo Party Ideas + Free Printable - May 2, 2018
- Tissue Paper Flower Puffs - May 2, 2018
- Graphic T-Shirts You Need Right Now - Apr 6, 2018
- 10 Educational Books For Kids That Are Fun To Read - Feb 22, 2018
- Printable Tic Tac Toe Valentines - Feb 9, 2018